• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my GS2 bricked/dead?

Ok, after my GS2 took a swim with me while I cleaned the pool last weekend, I put it in rice for 4 days. After the 4 days (curiosity kills the cat), I removed it and saw no signs of water anywhere. I tried to start the phone, but "SAMSUNG" is the only thing it would display. I looked up how to hard reboot (think that was the term) with the volume rocker and the power button. I did this but was left with the download/ cancel restart screen. It said it was downloading, (I didnt have it hooked to the computer or anything) so I laid it down and let it do whatever it was doing. Long story short, nothing happened and the battery eventually ran down. Is there a way to recover this with factory os, or do I need to do a custom OS? Or, is it just dead? Im really not afraid to root it if need be, since I just got a new phone in the interim.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, after my GS2 took a swim with me while I cleaned the pool last weekend, I put it in rice for 4 days. After the 4 days (curiosity kills the cat), I removed it and saw no signs of water anywhere. I tried to start the phone, but "SAMSUNG" is the only thing it would display. I looked up how to hard reboot (think that was the term) with the volume rocker and the power button. I did this but was left with the download/ cancel restart screen. It said it was downloading, (I didnt have it hooked to the computer or anything) so I laid it down and let it do whatever it was doing. Long story short, nothing happened and the battery eventually ran down. Is there a way to recover this with factory os, or do I need to do a custom OS? Or, is it just dead? Im really not afraid to root it if need be, since I just got a new phone in the interim.

Thanks in advance!

Seems like your phone is ok. Mind as well root it now :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones