• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there a Motorola Droid Root for 2.1Update1 ?

D

Deleted User

I'm just looking for simple to start. All I want (well, for now :D) is Wifi tethering ability. Will be doing this on my Droid first, then the wife's.

Maybe dig into Rom's down the line, but not really needed right now.

PDANet should work then, or easy tether; No real need to Root. tho yes there are Rooted "Stock" roms if you would like one

Rooting 2.1 Stock ROM is actually fairly easy! RSD Lite will be your best friend if you happen to mess everything up some how

PDANet should work then, or easy tether; No real need to Root. tho yes there are Rooted "Stock" roms if you would like one

Yes, I have PdaNet already. But I ordered a couple iPads, and want to be able to tether via WiFi occasionally.

Worked great, easier than I thought. Already got Barnacle Tether app from market. Should do what I need.

I should stop now and not look for other apps. Should. stop. Looking.....:D

Worked great, easier than I thought. Already got Barnacle Tether app from market. Should do what I need.

I should stop now and not look for other apps. Should. stop. Looking.....:D

Wait till u get into flashing new roms.. it becomes very addicting. Lol. :-)
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Wait until you not only get into flashing new ROMs but also benchmarking different kernels, including Quadrant, LinPack, etc....

Not to mention testing these ROMs / kernels combinations in various scenarios (think subjective benchmarking)....

You won't have a life left.

Now will the typical Verizon update wipe this out?

If you mean an big OTA update like 2.1 was, then, yes, if you or the ROM you are using didn't disable OTA upadtes. However, you can always flash back as far as you need to go, in order to regain root access.

I would not worry too much about the next update. Verizon can do whatever they want to, someone will find a way around it. Just a matter of when. Look what happened to 2.1! Verizon can keep doing what they want, I say it's a fun challenge to look for the holes

Ehh....I already installed Froyo Kangerade V1.0 :D

And also setCPU and wifi tether.....I will leave it alone now.....

Back
Top Bottom