• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an app that will...

Send me a text notification on a certain schedule? I want to receive a message every month to remind me to give my dogs their heart worm medication. I know I could use the stock calendar, but I use that for work and I have the notifications disabled. I use it primarily as a reference to know what I have coming up and I don't want my phone buzzing every thirty minutes every day.

I've downloaded the app RemindMe, but I can't add a repeating reminder (once per month). I have to put in each and every reminder. Anyone know of anything better for this?

THANKS!

For one thing, your subject line is most annoying, as it leaves out the one thing that *should* be in there. :eek: Sorry, just had to say it.

That said ...
No need for additional apps! :D (Tasker eps. can be quite daunting.)

Even though you only use your calendar as a reference for work, you know you can create several calendars "within" your calendar, right? You can even set up different default reminder settings (including sms or email notifications) for each calendar, and colour-code them. :) I think you have to create them initially via your Google account on a real computer, but from then you can create calendar entries from your phone.

I've set up my calendar so that the one that is for work is silent, but the one one that's personal does have alarms, and I have a bunch of other calendars (eg. for birthdays, with a one-week-before reminder).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones