• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is there anyway to turn off the touchscreen to recieve calls?

londonstylz

Jan 31, 2011
is there anyway to turn off the touchscreen when recieving a call? A few times when i go to take my phone out of my pocket to take a call I accidently hit the screen and it sends whoever is calling the away message. Is there anyway to turn the touchscreen off and just use hard buttons to take calls.

If you have the WidgetLocker app (recommend it) there is a setting to do just what you want. In WidgetLocker press the menu button > Settings > Popups > check Hide Incoming Call.

This will prevent accidents when there is an incoming call. WidgetLocker is a paid app but it is worth it. Sometimes you can find it as a deal on Amazon or the Android market. It is a very handy app for your lockscreen.

Reactions: londonstylz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones