• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this a LCD Failure or hardware?

Sounds more like the LCD suffered some sort of physical shock (even dropping the phone a few inches, if you do it just right is enough, or thermally shocking it), to turn the display into a Liquid Non-crystalline Display. IOW, bad screen. You COULD cause the same thing to happen with software, like the GPU, but the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of a bad screen. (To be sure you'd have to actually test it - connect a known-good screen to your phone and see what happens, and connect your screen to a known-good phone and see what happens.)

Reactions: mhammer
Upvote 0
Thank you for the responses! Now I can attach the picture of the screen

Attachments

• IMG_20131213_120042.jpg
    IMG_20131213_120042.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
A screenshot is done by the phone, pressing whatever buttons are pressed on that phone to produce a screenshot. It produces a picture of the signal being sent to the screen.

A picture of the screen is ... well, a picture of the screen. It shows what the screen looks like to the user.

They can be two totally different things if the screen is damaged.

Just by looking at the picture I'd guess software problem, but that's a really wild guess, because all I can go by is what I assume to be a picture of the screen. If the signal being sent to the screen (a screenshot) is something different, then it's a hardware problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones