• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this phone still worth buying

I just got this last week and it's fantastic. The battery and speaker are the only cons but they're fine. I wqas coming from an Optimus f3 so i was used to having a kick ass battery. This device owns the HTC in my opinion.

I am of a mixed opinion...I originally chose a Galaxy S4 but that developed problems and the Samsung software coupled with the T-Mobile bloatware really disappointed me. On the plus side, the screen was way better than the Xperia Z. I decided to try the Sony and have been generally happy, though I still have a vast amount of bloatware. The screen simply does not compare. To get similar but not really equal screen appearance, I have to goose the screen a good bit.

Someday someone will write an app that allows owners to remove bloatware. That developer will make a fortune!

I still have a vast amount of bloatware.

Ouch, I feel for you. :(

We're lucky over here, in that even handsets bought from the networks rarely have much more than an app to access your account and maybe another to configure inclusive wifi.

All the non-Google/Sony apps preinstalled on my own generic Z were uninstallable out of the box if required.

Out of interest sake,I went and purchased the Z about a month ago, and despite newer handsets coming out, im quite happy with it. My only gripe with it, is that it takes absolutely awful pictures at a distance, but when close to an object, it seems okay. Im on JB 4.3 now, and despite stamina mode on, the battery is taking one hell of a beating.

Can anybody explain, if I have say Android Device Manager installed, do I need to have gps, location services etc all on? Im assiming u do, as ADM will use that to locate my device etc?

Out of interest sake,I went and purchased the Z about a month ago, and despite newer handsets coming out, im quite happy with it. My only gripe with it, is that it takes absolutely awful pictures at a distance, but when close to an object, it seems okay. Im on JB 4.3 now, and despite stamina mode on, the battery is taking one hell of a beating.

Can anybody explain, if I have say Android Device Manager installed, do I need to have gps, location services etc all on? Im assiming u do, as ADM will use that to locate my device etc?

No, I guess that there's no need of GPS.

Back
Top Bottom