• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues connecting to Wifi thats not broadcasting

Hey guys,

I didnt seem to have this issue on the cooked ROMS i used. With the stock ROM once in awhile my Android refuses to connect to my hidden network untill i delete it from the wireless profiles and readd.

whats up with that?

Hey guys,

I didnt seem to have this issue on the cooked ROMS i used. With the stock ROM once in awhile my Android refuses to connect to my hidden network untill i delete it from the wireless profiles and readd.

whats up with that?

Possible bug I don't use stock anymore (don't have a computer anymore or WiFi just my phone as a hotspot

ssid not broadcasting aka you have to manually add the network to be able to see it and connect.

I havent seen any issues with it on my dev or my wifes connect as I use a hidden network too. ;)

Gotcha. I've been having problems with my Connect dropping my WiFi network recently, could it be related? I have to toggle WiFi off/on again, it won't re-connect otherwise. Weird....

Hey Dirt, are you running VV3?

Gotcha. I've been having problems with my Connect dropping my WiFi network recently, could it be related? I have to toggle WiFi off/on again, it won't re-connect otherwise. Weird....

Hey Dirt, are you running VV3?

I used to be able to fix the issue by toggling off and on the wifi, but that no longer seems to fix the issue. And before i had to restart the phone to get it to work... now i actually have to go into my access point and turn on broadcast of SSID. Then the phone picks it up and i can turn broadcasting back off and its good for awhile.

I know on Windows systems you check a box that says connect to wireless networks that are not broadcasting but i saw no such option on android. and it has worked in the past no problem, seems to be an intermittent issue.

What is VV3?

I used to be able to fix the issue by toggling off and on the wifi, but that no longer seems to fix the issue. And before i had to restart the phone to get it to work... now i actually have to go into my access point and turn on broadcast of SSID. Then the phone picks it up and i can turn broadcasting back off and its good for awhile.

I know on Windows systems you check a box that says connect to wireless networks that are not broadcasting but i saw no such option on android. and it has worked in the past no problem, seems to be an intermittent issue.

What is VV3?

I add mine and thats it, it remembers it and connects when in range.

Back