• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's official - VM is getting Froyo 2.2

I didnt pay for my monthly service this month due to the fact that the phone acts ******ed in so many ways. VM isnt doing anything to address these many problems since 2.2 is likely to fix most if not all of them. But they keep delaying the motherf**king update. I for the time being will just keep using my old Tracphone prepaid cell. Come on VM just give us the update in what ever state its in. Bugged or flawed I'll take it unless it could brick my phone, witch I doubt is the problem. The rest could be fixed in a patch in 27 years when you finally figure out what the hell your actually doing.

I cannot even browse the internet on my Intercept now! Google redirects to "m.virginmobileusa.com" and any other website, same thing! (default and dolphin browser HD)

Lets all not pay monthly service till they fix this shit phone. Then Virgin Mobile may give it to us. Im not paying my monthly service till they give the up date. Ill just get a new phone from sprint or verizon if they dont up date soon

It's not the phone's fault. The OS needs updating. If only Samsung hadn't launched it with 2.1.

"If only Samsung hadn't launched it with 2.1" - stef7

QFT

The fact that they didn't send it with 2.2 is a clear sigh of laziness. I can understand that they may have been developing the phone with 2.1 initially. But once 2.2 came out with so much more to offer they still released the product with 2.1 and didn't think the fallout would be that damning. I for one now frown on Samsung. That's sad since I have had rather good experience with Samsung products in the past. Clearly the product user is not a concern to them. Its a shame really. they do otherwise make good products but if you don't get with the times and update your products in a timely manor you are doomed to failure. And thats a proven fact.

Lets all not pay monthly service till they fix this shit phone. Then Virgin Mobile may give it to us. Im not paying my monthly service till they give the up date. Ill just get a new phone from sprint or verizon if they dont up date soon

No thanks. I'd rather stick with 2.1 then pay out the rear for a sprint or especially verizon plan.

I cannot even browse the internet on my Intercept now! Google redirects to "m.virginmobileusa.com" and any other website, same thing! (default and dolphin browser HD)

did this just happen to you?

this morning trillian wasn't working on my phone so i restarted my phone and I still can't get it to connect as of now.. also was trying to GPS something with the google navigation and that didn't work either. I was hoping that meant they were working on releasing the update or something.. but looks like they are telling people it won't be out til the end of the month now?

"If only Samsung hadn't launched it with 2.1" - stef7

QFT

The fact that they didn't send it with 2.2 is a clear sigh of laziness.

yes - although laziness isn't how i would describe it. :cool:

personally, i think they didn't do a thorough job of engineering the device before some entity within the company felt they must push the product out the door... and with this device, it has been so very obvious to both sprint and virgin mobile users.

luckily for the sprint users, they benefited from a badly needed update many months ago.

i believe too,we didn't need a complete rev of the OS from eclair to froyo to make the operation and product MUCH more reliable and user-centric and valuable to us - but then I'm no android platform technical expert and i'm sure the complexities are significant. however, if some of the low-level issues could have been addressed earlier, i wish they had been... we all deserve so much more here...

i wonder myself, is this an acceptable delivery model for a smart phone's life-cycle?

one thing i think consumers should NOT accept is a product development and deployment model that allows something of this great potential to be productized, yet handicapped by inferior software. i'm not sure where the responsibility ultimately lies, but its time for customers with virgin mobile to be supplied unambiguous, timely and reliable information at the very least.

did this just happen to you?

this morning trillian wasn't working on my phone so i restarted my phone and I still can't get it to connect as of now.. also was trying to GPS something with the google navigation and that didn't work either. I was hoping that meant they were working on releasing the update or something.. but looks like they are telling people it won't be out til the end of the month now?

Yes, I ran the "activate" app and restart and seemed to fix it. Posted this post from my intercept

odd.. well my problem fixed too. I just ran the minutes checker app and saw that it topped up today (due date) ..seems like the data always stops working on my billing cycle date.

Back
Top Bottom