• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's out! It's out! No more rumors!

Well, Mpavlansky, the rumor-mill consensus is heavily leaning toward a 5.7" screen. That's the same as the Note 3. Considering that Samsung is in the habit of reducing the bezel on their devices, I could almost bet even money that the candy-bar form factor will be roughly the same physical dimensions of the Note 3, only with 2K UHD resolution instead of 1080p. It might be a little thinner, but that's about it.

That would be fantastic for me, as I could pop the Note 3 out of my iBlason portfolio, pop the Note 4 in and rock on.

The other form factor is the rumored bent screen Note 4, which I predict will be limited to South Korea (like the Galaxy Round) or at best that region of the world. Those of us in the United States will only see it in YouTube videos. Could I be wrong and the bent screen be a Verizon exclusive? I don't dream that good.

At any rate, rumors should start firming up as Samsung suppliers start ramping up production of Note 4 parts for delivery to Samsung for final assembly and packaging. They have to start mass producing these things imminently if they're going to stock shelves in time for a September/October launch. Which they really want to do, so they can take the iPhone 6 head-on or even beat it to market.

I'll plan to stay tuned.

The G3 had a respectably sized screen, and physical dimensions that were about the same size as my S3 - I liked that. Waiting for the G3 specs to finally be revealed, then waiting even more to figure out what model Verizon was going to sell was a wild ride.

If the Note 4 is any size smaller than the Note 3, I'm all in. Time to hurry up and wait for more specifications to be revealed.

I would have gotten the G3 beside the cheaper price. But I don't like back firing speaker. So I choose the Note 4 and I kinda like the S-pen.

Eye Scanner? Ok.. That's weird.

https://bgr.com/2014/07/14/galaxy-note-4-specs-eye-scanner/

bsrl-mecuaawo_n.jpg

Ultrasonic sPen?

http://www.greenbot.com/article/245...ultrasonic-pen-for-future-galaxy-devices.html

Well, Mpavlansky, the rumor-mill consensus is heavily leaning toward a 5.7" screen. That's the same as the Note 3. Considering that Samsung is in the habit of reducing the bezel on their devices, I could almost bet even money that the candy-bar form factor will be roughly the same physical dimensions of the Note 3, only with 2K UHD resolution instead of 1080p. It might be a little thinner, but that's about it.

That would be fantastic for me, as I could pop the Note 3 out of my iBlason portfolio, pop the Note 4 in and rock on.

The other form factor is the rumored bent screen Note 4, which I predict will be limited to South Korea (like the Galaxy Round) or at best that region of the world. Those of us in the United States will only see it in YouTube videos. Could I be wrong and the bent screen be a Verizon exclusive? I don't dream that good.

At any rate, rumors should start firming up as Samsung suppliers start ramping up production of Note 4 parts for delivery to Samsung for final assembly and packaging. They have to start mass producing these things imminently if they're going to stock shelves in time for a September/October launch. Which they really want to do, so they can take the iPhone 6 head-on or even beat it to market.

I don't think Verizon would waste their money carrying a bent screened Note 4 device.

I actually applaud the useless spec bumps because it means the next round of Mid-Range devices are going to be amazing, and a lot of people are going to save some money downgrading from flagships to them ;-)

I think I'm gonna keep my Note 3 for two years. I don't think I could realistically justify upgrading this phone after just a year.

gn4apk.png

Att Geeks/Dorks: Does any of this indicate retina scanning? I'm guessing no.

I'm not sure about retina scan: but if I can secure my phone without doing my pattern 2,000 times a day I'll be a happy Note 4 user!

And then comes Safestrap and the awesome ROMs like Hyperdrive that would make a phenomenal phone even phenomenaler!

Roughly 6-1/2 weeks until September 3rd :D

I read it will come with UV sensor. I think I know when I will get a sunburn and I take precaution when I see any sun.

Do we need that?

I prefer they put 2 speakers at the front.

I'm not sure about retina scan: but if I can secure my phone without doing my pattern 2,000 times a day I'll be a happy Note 4 user!

And then comes Safestrap and the awesome ROMs like Hyperdrive that would make a phenomenal phone even phenomenaler!

Roughly 6-1/2 weeks until September 3rd :D

Agree. One of the best things about the iPhone 5S was how painless it was to keep your phone locked without sacrificing the speed of use and convenience you have when you actually don't have a lock code on the device. You just put your finger on the home button in less than a second the damn thing unlocked for you. Also worked for purchasing things off the iTunes and App Stores. It was a game changing feature for me, and I still yearn for it after having gotten rid of the thing.

Once I ditched it and got the Note 3, I went back to never using a lock code again, because it's too much of a hassle to put in a PIN, Password, or Pattern every time I go to unlock my phone.

I think we may not see that level of convenience until Google actually adopts Biometrics in stock Android (similar to how FFCs were kinda sucky until GB).

So Samsung will be selling babe magnets soon. Nice. Well, a solid phone with a respectable screen, super battery life, and fast processor would also be great.

<-------------------- Retired babe magnet. ;)

OK, what phone were we talking about ? Oh yeah, Note 4.

Had the note 3 and it ended up being just a bit to large(pocket-able) and uncomfortable to be a d/d for me.

Seeing that OIS and IP67 are most likely to be incorporated I doubt very much we are going to see a smaller overall size, if anything I would think a hair larger. Unfortunately that takes me out of the race to get one.

But HEY, I can still hope that Sammy can pull off a miracle. Cut down the bezels, keep the capacitive buttons and throw in a couple of stereo speakers. Guess I am dreaming, but isn't that the FUN part of these pre-release threads. :D

PS-Steven I am still going to get you to give me some voice lessons.:rolleyes:

The flexible screen (at least every concept that I've seen) is going to be a showstopper for me. It's just but ugly and the phone can break more easily by dropping on that edge, even when you have a thin case on it, than a phone with a flag screen.

OIS I don't really care about. I would have preferred them to go down to a 10.6MP Camera with OIS and bigger pixels so that low light images actually are less dark and noisy than just throwing OIS on a sensor that is already jam packed with pixels. The big issue with practically all Samsung cameras is the dark/noisy low light images, and OIS on smartphones hasn't been proven to really fix that, only bigger pixels and better post-processing has really addressed it in any decent fashion thus far.

Metal Body would be welcome, but I case my phones so that is largely ignorable to me, Lol.

Would be nice for them to come out with a phone with a camera lens that is flush or slightly depressed like the iPhone, HTC Ones, LG G3, Nokia Lumia Icon/930. The camera bump is one of the reasons why I case the phone, to prevent the lens from getting scratched if it falls on its back or slides across a rough surface.

I actually think the Galaxy Note "formula" is already good, as is the form factor. I wish they would stop focusing so much on the hardware and really tackle the software/user experience and innovate there (that doesn't mean adding more stuff to it, there are some changes that can be made that can significantly enhance usability on the device).

My Note 3 I got on it's Verizon release date is still chugging along very strongly, but I upgrade every year and I will this year also unless sammy screw's the Note 4 up. Mostly I want the Note 4 to have at least the same quality/brightness of display, same size but less bezel for a bit smaller footprint. Also dual speakers and an improved radio. I will probably NOT get the Note 4 if they do something wonky like the curved/side screen rumor. Flexible screen would be OK as long as it is to make the phone more durable without sacrificing display quality/brightness. Increasing durability would also include better water/dustproofing as has been rumored and that would be great as I sit in my hot tub nightly with my phone close at hand to stream music to a BT speaker. So let's hope they make the Note 4 a better/stronger/faster version of what the Note series has been without making it a huge testing ground for iffy new tech like curved screens, etc. Cmon Samsung, don't mess this up!

I can't wait for the note 4. I'm looking forward to the improved cameras the most. Hopefully the ois helps the lowlight pictures and I'm even looking forward to the higher resolution front facing camera as well.

I agree that If there is a flexible display note 4 that it won't be available here in the US and I'm fine with that. I actually like the plastic of the note 3 and it pained me to put a case covering the back of my black note 4 (white note 3 cover is pretty bad)

The 805 with the higher resolution display looks fine. The Uv sensor is dumb. Retina scanner could be OK but most likely a worthless gimmick.

Can't wait to see what improvements they make room the s pen. I don't use it often but when I need it I'm glad it's there.

I only wish Samsung would jump on the front facing stereo speakers but I don't see that coming anytime soon, At least for the note line.

I'm really hoping the rumor of an early release are true. All hail the king of phones.

Well the note 4 is already started to get criticized because apple is hogging all the premium materials, so samsung can't open with the premium model. iPhone hogs the supply chain, apparently. Sammy is getting criticized for its incremental yearly upgrades and for not innovating...thus their profit decrease. Hmm..

Samsung is getting alot of competition from cheap China phones now. Their profits are down.

So dont make the Note 4 too expensive! :-)

Back
Top Bottom