• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JB phone won't boot - splash screen

OK, I will try that.

I updated yesterday afternoon. The first time this started was last night when I attempted to switch out the battery for another, charged battery. BTW I did put the original battery back in to see if that would make it better, since the 2nd battery was OEM. But same deal.

Upvote 0
Then tap Advanced Wipe. Selct the cache and dalvik cache. Then go back to the main menu.
OK... it's still doing the same thing BUT I'm not sure I did the above right. I selected the cache and dalvik cache. But at that point I didn't see a "main menu" option, unless you mean hit the back arrow to go back.

Am I supposed to "swipe to wipe" and then go back to main menu?

Upvote 0
OK... it's still doing the same thing BUT I'm not sure I did the above right. I selected the cache and dalvik cache. But at that point I didn't see a "main menu" option, unless you mean hit the back arrow to go back.

Am I supposed to "swipe to wipe" and then go back to main menu?

Yes, swipe to wipe and then tap the back arrow :)

OK. Am I going to lose the titanium backup apps if I do a factory reset?

No, it won't wipe that part of your system.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Atma.

OK...new problem. I have the SGS2 plugged into PC. Odin is running. I installed the JB file, got the Green PASS. The phone started to reboot, but problem is, now it's in a boot loop. I see the android, then the Samsung start screen, then back to android, etc.

Should I unplug the microUSB cord and pull the battery?

Upvote 0
Thanks, Atma.

OK...new problem. I have the SGS2 plugged into PC. Odin is running. I installed the JB file, got the Green PASS. The phone started to reboot, but problem is, now it's in a boot loop. I see the android, then the Samsung start screen, then back to android, etc.

Should I unplug the microUSB cord and pull the battery?

Can you get to recovery and do a factory reset?

Upvote 0
Hmm... I just switched out the battery to put in another battery so that I could recharge it.

The same thing happened! The splash screen goes up to 99% and stays stuck.

I followed the initial instructions up above, to wipe the dalvik cache and all that, and it said "fix permissions failed" ... so.... now what? :/ Factory reset each time I switch a battery ?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what would make it do that. How long do you wait for it to boot up? Maybe it just takes a while?

You could try restoring your jellybean nandroid again and then use odin to go back to TWRP 2.4.4.0, to see if that matters. Or you can try updating from ICS with kies again.

I don't think I ever got around to taking a JB nandroid. Once I saw how it updated through Kies without messing with any of my settings, I didn't feel the need.

The twrp version i have now is 2.5.0.0

If I went to 2.4.4.0 might that solve the weird "booting to 99%" problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

(I'm running ICS stock rooted right now...didn't get around to updating to JB today - maybe tomorrow!!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones