• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help JC6 for i7500 (1.6) is out

Can someone who speaks russian ask on that forum are there any unofficial testing versions of 2.1? If they are even testing it (like SamsungFirmware says). Cmon peope, get bussy, if we all ask, maybe we can get to know something more. After all, someone could ask for unofficial 1.6 source code which could help Musty and Drakaz...

Upvote 0
ive got chandroid and recordit purchased, am i going to loose these?
i know there is a possibility i will lose purchased apps, i use record it quite alot and chandroid (i know 4chan sucks but its entertainment on the train)

You can backup protected apps with Titanium Backup. And I can see both paid versions of Chandroid and RecordIt in the Market.

Upvote 0
You can backup protected apps with Titanium Backup. And I can see both paid versions of Chandroid and RecordIt in the Market.

ive got backups. im not bothered about that, these apps get updated regularily so i wanted to makesure they can be seen as i would be rather gutted if i couldnt update them :p

this no sleep bug, how bad is it? battery drain is bad? ive read the jb2 thread and i find its a bit messy as some claim they dont see it at all

Upvote 0
Umm... what charging workaround? On JC4 and JC5 even overnight charging did nothing. The only solution is to either turn off Network Location, or reboot your phone every time you've used an app that detects location (Aloqa, Maps, Places Directory, Google Buzz, you name it).

I simply don't use location much, so I just turned it off. Other than that bug, JC6 and 1.6 firmwares in general are great.

Upvote 0
Umm... what charging workaround? On JC4 and JC5 even overnight charging did nothing. The only solution is to either turn off Network Location, or reboot your phone every time you've used an app that detects location (Aloqa, Maps, Places Directory, Google Buzz, you name it).

I simply don't use location much, so I just turned it off. Other than that bug, JC6 and 1.6 firmwares in general are great.

this
http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/48099-i7500xefjb2-phone-never-sleeps-2.html#post431134

Upvote 0
Well, the problem is not caused by the charging, afaik, but by the use of Network Location. However, it indeed seems to be locking in 'no sleep' after you plug it in and out of charger after you have used network location. Anyhow, disabling network location prevents 'no sleep' (it seems... at least I don't remember having 'no sleep' after I disabled network location, but I'll check tomorrow). And, as mentioned in the other topic and as I said previously, rebooting helps.

And yes, it's pretty lousy of Samsung that this has not been fixed since JB2, considering JB2 is over a month old by now. And it's even lousier, because this is a new bug, that was definetely not presetn in 1.5 firmwares.

Upvote 0
Well, the problem is not caused by the charging, afaik, but by the use of Network Location.

I'm not convinced - I flashed JB2 from IL3 and had the no-sleep bug, flashing back to IL3 and the no-sleep bug appeared where I never had it before. I've now flashed to JC4 and no sign of the no-sleep bug, and I've had network location enabled constantly.

My opinion is that despite reporting success, ODIN doesn't 100% flash properly every time. I'd suggest you do a wipe and reflash and wipe again, then see f you still get the issue.

Also forgot to add that JC4 is awesome, 32 hours and its still showing 75% remaining - usage includes some calls, texts, wifi and 3g browsing as well as using copilot for an hour!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones