• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Installing the 4.03.605.2 RUU transformed my phone, making it more responsive. It particularly improved the battery life, to the extent that I was able to go back to a standard battery from an extended battery (and back). With the extended battery, back, and case, it was like holding a whiteboard eraser.

Upvote 0
I did and it reverted me back to the old firmware and won't show system update available for the new.
This is not possible, a factory reset via the settings menus or recovery only wipes out all USER DATA, and leaves all firmware intact, resetting the device to "out of the box" defaults. Firmware cannot be over-written or changed by this method in any way.

Now if you loaded an RUU, such as the Global Mode 4.3.605.2 RUU, there is no update for that, it is newer than what is available OTA now. If you loaded the OTA 3.14.605.12 RUU the update will come, be patient, although it really does nothing so I wouldn't worry about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones