• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just bought optimus one

350Rocket

Hey guys thought i would just say hi here. I've been in the lg shine plus forums a lot but tonight i just bought an optimus one. It won't be my everyday phone cause i love my shine plus but i wanted a 2nd battery because i use my phone pretty heavily and can kill the battery in half a day often. When i thought about it it made more sense to buy an optimus one which has the same battery for my spare battery. The spare phone is damn near free if u consider the price of a replacement oem battery, oem usb cable and travel charger which i can definitely use an extra, and the extra 2gb sd card the phone comes with. Not to mention that the optimus one will charge the extra battery for me saving me having to remove and replace the batteries constantly when charging one and then the other.

The other thing is my shine plus is rooted allowing me to wifi tether. I also have a custom rom flashed. To get the 2.2 ota update which is coming i have to revert back to stock so i can't wifi tether. My phone is my only means of internet at home for my school work. So now that i have the optimus one i can use it for wifi tethering and revert back to stock on the shine plus until i get the update.

It was a win win situation for me when u consider the extremely low price of the phone. I figured lg will stock practically giving them away once the optimus 2x and others increase their popularity. Anyways now i have a real decent 2nd phone to play with.

Also want to see how signal compares since the optimus apparently has some dual antenna setup. My shine plus does have better signal than my sisters galaxy s vibrant on the same network.

Back
Top Bottom