• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi Guys,

I just got my Bionic yesterday. This is my first smartphone I have always owned the basic phones.

I have to say I'm very impressed so far with this phone seems fast and I'm having a ball just tinkering around with it. I ordered a extended battery from Verizon yesterday for $25 and it already arrived today.

Are there any neat tips I should know about the Bionic. Also do you guys use screen protectors or just leave it bare?

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome. I think you made a good choice with the Bionic.

There are a LOT of great apps. If you search this area there are a couple of threads with a lot of recommended apps from everyone.

I don't use a screen protector. I do have the insurance policy. If you use a screen protector make sure it has a dumb looking opening in the center near the top. This is to allow the pocket sensor to operate properly. If you cover it (even with a clear screen protector) you are asking for problems.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Welcome, MikefrMd, and congrats on your purchase. When I had a Bionic I did have a Zagg screen protector (which has the important screen cutouts that Thom mentions) but otherwise did not use a case. I actually have grown so accustomed to the feel of a Zagg that I prefer my phone with them rather than with bare glass.

Thom created a great "share your tips" thread here: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/421050-post-your-tips-bionic-here.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones