• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got my 'Like-New' replacement TB

Bomfy

Mar 21, 2011
Hi guys -

Long time no see, been stupidly busy. So, to make a long story short my 2nd TC which I got 4 days after launch and I broke up. Started to get quite warm, 80% drain during 10-15 minute call, screen not responding and not going past about 75% brightness, USB port broke (after phone got really warm), and my favorite phantom switch to airplane mode every couple days.

Verizon sent a new battery, nothing happened.

Verizon sent me a 'new' TB and I have had the thing almost 24 hours. My first question is the power button supposed to flush with the phone now? I called and they person said if the switch was messed up it would have been fixed. It's a pain in the ass. I know some people returned launch phones for doing this. Secondly it's got a strange delay when I make selections. I press and the screen shows I pressed and a second or two then something happens. I will give it a few more days and see if it's a failure, but I am kind of surprised since I haven't had something this shitty happen with Verizon before.

I guess I am asking if you all have gotten crap 'new' phones and point me into a direction of to what I might want to use an upgrade on, staying with Verizon.

Thanks.

Hi guys -

Long time no see, been stupidly busy. So, to make a long story short my 2nd TC which I got 4 days after launch and I broke up. Started to get quite warm, 80% drain during 10-15 minute call, screen not responding and not going past about 75% brightness, USB port broke (after phone got really warm), and my favorite phantom switch to airplane mode every couple days.

Verizon sent a new battery, nothing happened.

Verizon sent me a 'new' TB and I have had the thing almost 24 hours. My first question is the power button supposed to flush with the phone now? I called and they person said if the switch was messed up it would have been fixed. It's a pain in the ass. I know some people returned launch phones for doing this. Secondly it's got a strange delay when I make selections. I press and the screen shows I pressed and a second or two then something happens. I will give it a few more days and see if it's a failure, but I am kind of surprised since I haven't had something this shitty happen with Verizon before.

I guess I am asking if you all have gotten crap 'new' phones and point me into a direction of to what I might want to use an upgrade on, staying with Verizon.

Thanks.
Right now might be a good time to do a factory reset on it, since you just got it. Might make a difference.

-Frank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones