• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IowaTower

Lurker
Mar 8, 2012
Just bought the Prevail 2 to replace my dying Prevail. I was hoping for information, but it seems the only posts about it are trying to verify that it was coming. It did- $180 at Best Buy. What's the easiest way to get my information from the old, rooted one to this one? And would I have to re-purchase Titanium Backup Pro and other apps? It's Android 4.1.2

Any paid apps are tied to your Google account. Just log into it via the play store and then go to menu> my apps (in the play store)

Root apps won't work without root (go figure :D )
And i wouldn't go restoring a backup made in tb to another device. It's not even recommended to do it when changing roms, so restoring it to a completely different device is a terrible idea

Your contacts should also be backed up to your Google account, so once you sign in it will sync then to your new phone

Upvote 0
Any paid apps are tied to your Google account. Just log into it via the play store and then go to menu> my apps (in the play store)

Root apps won't work without root (go figure :D )
And i wouldn't go restoring a backup made in tb to another device. It's not even recommended to do it when changing roms, so restoring it to a completely different device is a terrible idea

Your contacts should also be backed up to your Google account, so once you sign in it will sync then to your new phone

WOHOOOOO, first cwhatever, now LV = GUIDE !!!! Congrats guys, you finally deserve a title for all your hard work ! :) Keep going guys !!! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones