• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just rooted, a couple issues to sort out

Running Kaos v38, with the new kernel so the battery drain is gone.

Everything runs very smooth (and I'm definitely glad I did it), but there are a couple issues:

1. The weather/location doesn't seem to work very well. I'm not getting any weather data at all in Fancy Widget.

2. The power widget in the notification bar comes back after a reboot, I have to go back into CyanogenMod Settings and check/uncheck it to make it go away.

3. My "Downloads" in the market are all gone. Not a huge deal, but they were there a minute ago, now they're gone.

Any help is appreciated.

Running Kaos v38, with the new kernel so the battery drain is gone.

Everything runs very smooth (and I'm definitely glad I did it), but there are a couple issues:

1. The weather/location doesn't seem to work very well. I'm not getting any weather data at all in Fancy Widget.

2. The power widget in the notification bar comes back after a reboot, I have to go back into CyanogenMod Settings and check/uncheck it to make it go away.

3. My "Downloads" in the market are all gone. Not a huge deal, but they were there a minute ago, now they're gone.

Any help is appreciated.

1. Flash nonsensikal 12.5 and that will take care of 2 and 3.;)
I know it sounds like I'm being an a$$ but you will have less problems with nonsensikal, 12.5 is very nice and stable I don't have much experiance with 13.2, I will this weekend though.

Upvote 0
1. Flash nonsensikal 12.5 and that will take care of 2 and 3.;)
I know it sounds like I'm being an a$$ but you will have less problems with nonsensikal, 12.5 is very nice and stable I don't have much experiance with 13.2, I will this weekend though.

Agreed. I switched from Kaos to Nonsensikal, and everything seems to work as it should with Nonsensikal. Don't get me wrong, Kaos' rom is very good and I had used it since v27.

Upvote 0
Check the settings for your weather app, mine seems to work OK. I think the power widget thing is a common problem, but I like the widget, so I haven't tried turning it off myself. There was a big change in the market with 2.2. I would suggest downloading all your apps from the market and using your titanium backups to just backup the data only. If you do it this way, whenever you flash a new ROM, the market will always download all your apps automatically. If you restored the apps from titanium the market links are likely broken. Titanium can fix that, but you'r better of re-downloading them so they show up in your my downloads again.

Upvote 0
I've used Titanium's labels feature to label those apps whose data I most care about restoring, mostly for settings, authentication details, etc. That makes it even easier to restore just the data for those apps after a data wipe update.

I'm actually going to create a Titanium thread in a few days, to track some new features as each new version comes out. For example, there is now strong encryption available for backups, as well as Dropbox integration (though that is not automatic or scheduable, I believe), and now (I think this is what this does) the ability to take market updates to apps delivered with the ROM and apply to the original ROM app in /system, to save some internal storage.

Reactions: T-Keith
Upvote 0
I've used Titanium's labels feature to label those apps whose data I most care about restoring, mostly for settings, authentication details, etc. That makes it even easier to restore just the data for those apps after a data wipe update.

I'm actually going to create a Titanium thread in a few days, to track some new features as each new version comes out. For example, there is now strong encryption available for backups, as well as Dropbox integration (though that is not automatic or scheduable, I believe), and now (I think this is what this does) the ability to take market updates to apps delivered with the ROM and apply to the original ROM app in /system, to save some internal storage.

Sounds great, I've never really dug that deep into Titanium.

Keep us posted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones