• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 Email

I started using K-9 about a month ago and I like it. I do have a question, though, and can't find a K-9 users forum, so I hope someone here might have an answer.

I'm moving one of my web sites to a new hosting company. So I wil have to change the email pointers. What about all the messages the K-9 sees now from the previous host? are those saved on my phone/card? Or just links back to the current server? Will they all disappear when I map to the new host? If they're on my phone, can I upload them to the new mail account so everything's in one place?

(Okay - a bit more than "a" question!)
Ed

I recently set up K-9 Mail for my AOL email account, and I am getting 5 duplicate folders of the same emails. Any ideas what I set up incorrectly?

I have a strange problem. Sometimes (once or twice a day) when I get 2 or more emails I see that 1 of them is duplicated (same subject, body, time, everything). But if I check it on other client (Thunderbird, webmail) I see that email is not duplicate, but there is actually 2 different emails. Then I have to do 'clear local messages' on the inbox folder and when I refresh or do 'Check mail' is finally see 2 different emails.

How can I solve this? Is it problem on server? I use latest version 3.906 on Galaxy S2, all my accounts are IMAP (it happens on all 3 accounts).

Thank you.

I am using K-9 with seven email addresses and I need to delete one of them as it is for a body I am no longer working with.

How can I do this? I have searched and cannot see how to do this.

Start K9, Menu->More->Accounts->LongPress the account you wish to delete->Advanced->Remove account

Slightly different in my version, but I played around and managed to do it.

Start K9>Account you wish to delete>Menu->More->Accounts->LongPress the account you wish to delete->Advanced->Remove account

Thanks.

Sorry to revive a thread a few weeks' old, but wasn't sure if I should, or start a new thread.

At any rate, I'm using K9 Mail and I like it a lot. However, every once in a while, K9 will show in my notification bar that I have a new email, with its subject, etc. When I touch the notification, it takes me to my mailbox for that account, but the new email itself is not in the list and doesn't show up when I refresh.

Is this a bug?

I am using K-9 version 3.802 with my AOL account and have been having 2 problems within the last month or so. The first is that the program occassionally "hangs up" fetching mail and uses large amounts of system resources (as notified by Watchdog) until I kill the program. The 2nd problem is that I now have a few second delay retrieving every email when I open it. The standard email program opens the emails immediately but does not have some of the features that I enjoy with K-9. I have been using K-9 for about a year and these problems have just started fairly recently (perhaps after a recent update?)
Anyone else having a similar problem or have a possible solution or me?
Many Thanks.

When I touch the notification, it takes me to my mailbox for that account, but the new email itself is not in the list and doesn't show up when I refresh.

Is this a bug?

If the account you're talking about is an IMAP account, such as Gmail, that's expected behavior. When you delete a message in one place (say, on your laptop), it goes away everywhere, even if the notification doesn't.

If you're using POP mail, there are K-9 settings that delete mail under certain circumstances, or put it in places you may not expect to find it.

So are we talking IMAO or POP, and are you using a unified inbox?

Is it possible when one has quoted text in a reply or forward to actually insert comments interspersed within the quoted text?

This is quite a common practice but I haven't found a way to do so.

Jay

Love k9 but when I click "delete from server" in account. settings/fetch mail, it always reverts to "do not delete from server". any ideas?

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up K9 so it will either only check for new mail or notify of new mail during normal working hours?

Hi.
I am new to the whole droid scene and I use K-9 mail to access my email. When I open an email I do not have any prompt to reply and if i just type in a reply the email is replied to back to me. How do you reply to the real sender of the message?:mad:

Hi.
I am new to the whole droid scene and I use K-9 mail to access my email. When I open an email I do not have any prompt to reply and if i just type in a reply the email is replied to back to me. How do you reply to the real sender of the message?:mad:

Press the menu button. Reply is not a touch screen function in K-9, but a menu button option. The menu button on my LG Optimus T is the physical button on the far left of the phone.

Just a general FYI of my recent experience with K-9:

So I've been using K-9 for a while now. I tried to mix and match between my 2 email accounts - Gmail and Work (Exchange). Naturally I chose IMAP for Gmail and Exchange (webdav) I had some rather different experiences with how each account behaved. I talked to one of the devs who said the webdav support is not nearly as good as IMAP but they're working on making it better. I looked on my Ubuntu/Thunderbird laptop and found out that Thunderbird had set up my work account to be IMAP anyway... so I deleted my work email in K-9, added a new one, and selected IMAP instead of Exchange/webdav. Seems as if ALL of my problems from before are now resolved... I kept reading reviews of K-9 thinking WHY is this thing acting so wild for me when everyone loves it. Then go figure... I switch over that account type and bingo - we're in business. Damn I love IMAP...

Press the menu button. Reply is not a touch screen function in K-9, but a menu button option. The menu button on my LG Optimus T is the physical button on the far left of the phone.

I had looked for a reply in the menu before and didin't see it and just looked again and there is none there. I have a Casio Commando if that helps. it is rediculous not to be able to reply to an email

Could you provide a screenshot of what you do see when you're composing a message and you hit the Menu key? Might help us narrow down the issue.

Also, what kind of email account are you using? (Exchange/POP/IMAP/GMail....) If you set up a different type of account can you see the reply button? Have you tried creating a second copy of your email account to see whether that fixes it?

I just started using K-9 mail, and it seemed to be working ok. Then I got an email newsletter that a number of links in the email. I touched the links, and nothing happened. In the normal Android mail, when I touched a link, it asked me which browser I wanted. Does it work this way in K-9 mail, and if so, is this a bug?

Thanks in advance.

having 2 k-9 mail problems of late. I have a pop3 account (TELUS) and using IMAP to retrieve mail. Mail retrieves fine and marks as unread when comes in. The problem occurs when I read it or mark it as read and I go to retrieve new mail, the read mail reloads and gets marked as unread. this problem has only been happening for last few days. also, when I go to get mail, the top status bar is keeping an ongoing count of my inbox (thus far, 332 new mail) even though only the newest mail will come in.

The only way to keep the read mail as "read" is to read the mail off the Telus server.

I have gone into settings>Account settings>Fetching mail> but can't figure a way to keep the read mail from being retrieved again.

thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom