• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SixtyDashOne

Jun 30, 2011
I don't do reviews so bear with me. I am not affiliated with this company and I had never heard of them until I happened across them on eBay, and I paid for the case out of pocket of course. Just thought I would share this since there is not much out there in the way of cases that are not book covers.

So I had been looking around for a case for the 8 and obviously there's not much out there yet aside from book covers. I went to eBay and found the KaysCases. They looked decent from the pics so I figured I would give it a go for 11 bucks.

I ordered a black one and have had it on the 8 for about a week now. I am really liking it. It's got a nice rubbery, non-slip texture to it, and all the cutouts fit pretty much perfectly. The texture provides a much more secure grip in the hand when one-handing it in comparison to the slick back panel of the naked 8.

My only issue with it thus far is because the case covers the power button and volume rocker (which you can see in one of the pics below), it can be difficult to determine by feel where each button begins and ends compared to the naked 8. I think this just takes some getting used to though, and I have been getting a better feel for it.

Not sure what else to say, so here are some pics.

Front
201304231732041.jpg

Back
201304231732511.jpg

Right Side (notice how the case covers the power button and the volume rocker)
201304231733261.jpg

Top (sorry it's blurry but you get the idea I'm sure)
201304231734131.jpg

I liked it enough that I ordered another one in blue but have not received it yet. I thought the blue looked really nice with the white bezel. Overall, I really like the case because of the texture which provides a nice hold on the device, and because I like to be able to set it down on an abrasive surface without worrying that I'm scratching the back panel. It also does not add much thickness to the device. Hope this helps somebody.

Reactions: ScandaLeX
My only issue with it thus far is because the case covers the power button and volume rocker (which you can see in one of the pics below), it can be difficult to determine by feel where each button begins and ends compared to the naked 8. I think this just takes some getting used to though, and I have been getting a better feel for it.

Mine is naked and I still have trouble determining which is which.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones