• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] BrokenOut's Blitzkrieg

XDieAndGoX

Mar 6, 2012
Doral, Fl
www.facebook.com
** Disclaimer ** I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone upon following the instructions in this tutorial. Though I am positive nothing should go wrong while doing so, it is always better to be safe. Do this at your risk.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

- ClockWorkMod [CWM]

----------------------------------------

Alright, so when I looked at This thread, the download link for the extracted Broken Out's kernel by MtMichaelson was not working.

Markolo25 is the first person to ever extract this kernel.

Anyways, I actually extracted it myself and, hopefully, I will be able to fix the few problems it has [e.g. Bluetooth Pairing], bur for now, I am giving you the kernel AS IS. This means no modifications, no new files. I, however, did copy all of the "system/lib" contents for the kernel to work at its best, so all .so files from "system/lib" and all of the modules in "system/lib/modules" are included in this Flashie.

The kernel should work perfectly fine on all current ROMs available for the Connect. For stock users, flashing this kernel will allow you to overclock and have all of the features the kernel offers in its native ROM.

Download Links:

BrokenOut's Blitzkrieg Kernel.zip [Mirror]

Steps:

1. Copy the attached .zip file to your SD Card directory.
  2. Reboot into CWM and flash it over.

-----------------------------------

Change Log:

- v1.2 - March 3rd, 2013.
----------------

- Finally fixed charging boot images! When phone is off, you will get to see how your phone charges instead of the weird black screen.

- v1.0 - October 11th, 2012.
----------------

- Unmodified original extracted release

Hello guys! :)

I know I have been inactive for a lot of months, but I finally have time to spare and decided to go active on here again. :p I also have been recently learning more about making ROMs and I have finally (and successfully) been able to decompile this ROM's boot.img to access all of its files; therefore, I was able to finally fix the infamous black screen that shows up when your phone is off and charging! I know BrokenOut is an old ROM and so is this kernel, but for those who like Blitzkrieg and the ability to overclock, this kernel is for you. :)

By the way, the simple fact I am now able to edit boot.img files simply means I am getting closer and closer to start making ROMs of my own. I will try to help in any way I can in the porting of CM to this phone. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones