• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] DamianGTO Ultimate kernel (version 1.3 Beta 3) **2011-04-09**

Hey Damian, good luck with your new place :)
I have a question, is 1.3 b2 less efficient than b1 battery wise.
and when will the new version coming?

It feels weird here, but Damian I stand but you kernel, its the best and I`ll follow you to hell and back.......well not really, lol

Damian... quick question, what rom would you recommend. Used Darkys and Insanity so far. Thinking maybe ulitmate 8.2 to go with your kernel ? thanks chap :D

Damian... quick question, what rom would you recommend. Used Darkys and Insanity so far. Thinking maybe ulitmate 8.2 to go with your kernel ? thanks chap :D

Try them out yourself? I've found Insanity to be pretty good, a lot of it comes down to experience and user preference.

Personally I prefer to avoid the dev cooked roms, and use Doc's Kitchen to roll my own. Just choose Damian's 1.1 kernel from the kernel list. When you install the rom it may try to change your lagfix back to rfs. Just say no, and go into the Ultimate tools and change it to mirror the last lagfix you had. Then once you have booted the rom up once, flash Damien;s newest kernel over 1.1 and you are all set.

For people that complain for battery drain, you just have to wait for a while...at the beginning I had problem too but after 2-3 cycles everything is fine!
Looking forward for your new masterpiece damian...

Hi,
Can I use your KERNEL and which I can use?
I have this rom: Simply Honey 3.0 RC2.

That is a 2.3.3 based ROM, so you would need to use Damian's Ultimate Ginger kernel, in his other thread here,

DO NOT try to use this kernel with a 2.3.3 based ROM...BBBBBBBBAAADDDDDDD things will happen.

Ok, I have arrived. Wonder if there is an app like xda premium for this forum?

Welcome.

I dont know. Its not in tapatalk. I do hope it will have an app. its a very nice to be able to usen an app to write/read on forum, instead of a browser in the phone :-)

Welcome.

I dont know. Its not in tapatalk. I do hope it will have an app. its a very nice to be able to usen an app to write/read on forum, instead of a browser in the phone :-)

Ye, zoom in, zoom out, zoom in is getting to me, but I am here because I know where my roots...(mmm....kernel) is!!

Welcome.

I sure hope so, could not find it on tapatalk and also no app in market yet. AF guys plz make an app for ur forum plzzzzzz.

Now I seems to understand a bit. So Damian, logic tells me it would rather be 340hz than 300hz or is this not possible in the new beta?

damian.are you going to develop for sgs2 when it is realeased.or staying with sgs for awhile longer?really appreciate your work!!!!.hope all works out for you here in new forum.is webstar1 and yourself doing any further works together?

edit just read webstar1 has sold sgs and is getting desire hd!damn i was hoping for ultibread 2.0.

damian.are you going to develop for sgs2 when it is realeased.or staying with sgs for awhile longer?really appreciate your work!!!!.hope all works out for you here in new forum.is webstar1 and yourself doing any further works together?

edit just read webstar1 has sold sgs and is getting desire hd!damn i was hoping for ultibread 2.0.

Well i dont know what my next phone will be. It depends on the donations:rolleyes:

Yes he did. Cant believe he choose that phone. I would understand a better, but not that one..

Right now I cant see anything.

Sorry to hear things are going so badly at XDA. Though from what I've picked up during my reading of the threads here, people seem generally nicer. I guess I'll have to poke around the forums a bit :)

what is the fastest file system to use?

rfs? ext2 or ext4? and if I choose that will it effect battery life?

I'm using Damians ultimate kernel right now 2.6.32.9 #219 with Stock 2.2.1 JPY.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom