• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] DamianGTO Ultimate kernel (version 1.3 Beta 3) **2011-04-09**

****UPDATE***BETA3***UPDATE****
New beta out. Read the first post for more information.
The download is on the second post.

Have fun.

Hi Damian,

I would like to report an issue, I just flashed 1.3b3 and smoothly.
One issue, my i9000 hangs in playing screen twice when I played a game called "Airport Mania" for 10-20mins.
The only way, no response. I just long-press power to reboot my i9000.
Could you please take a look for this? thanks so much.

Thanks.
Well it would be better if there was a way to get more space here.
Or I need to put all "gold" versions on other places.

no way..pls don't move again..hide and seek is no fun lol
btw 340HZ is overall better idea I think =) not too much which gonna drain battery a little, not too less which makes no difference..perfecto

Hi Damian,

I would like to report an issue, I just flashed 1.3b3 and smoothly.
One issue, my i9000 hangs in playing screen twice when I played a game called "Airport Mania" for 10-20mins.
The only way, no response. I just long-press power to reboot my i9000.
Could you please take a look for this? thanks so much.

are you using oc/uv options??

no way..pls don't move again..hide and seek is no fun lol
btw 340HZ is overall better idea I think =) not too much which gonna drain battery a little, not too less which makes no difference..perfecto

Well I will setup my own site. But it will take some days. But it will solve all issues I did get here. Also I get zero response from this site owner.

Well I will setup my own site. But it will take some days. But it will solve all issues I did get here. Also I get zero response from this site owner.

I am not surprised. Remember unlike XDA which is a forum with a portal attached, this is more a website with a forum bolted on the side. Also, ROMs and modding is not really what this site does, it is far more about general information and helpdesk kind of stuff.

It may be that setting up a website of your own would make sense, but then you will need to deal with bandwidth costs and what not....no easy answer at this point.

As for Beta 3, thus far I am having no trouble with it. It seems a fraction smoother when scrolling things like the App Drawer, but otherwise performance seems about the same as Beta 2 (which is good).

I am not surprised. Remember unlike XDA which is a forum with a portal attached, this is more a website with a forum bolted on the side. Also, ROMs and modding is not really what this site does, it is far more about general information and helpdesk kind of stuff.

It may be that setting up a website of your own would make sense, but then you will need to deal with bandwidth costs and what not....no easy answer at this point.

As for Beta 3, thus far I am having no trouble with it. It seems a fraction smoother when scrolling things like the App Drawer, but otherwise performance seems about the same as Beta 2 (which is good).

Well I don't know how it will be yet.
But it will be me and I hope Simone to start with. That would cover the whole phone.
Then I know alot of people joining. Lol.
Well I did get a great deal.
Unlimited bandwidth. Unlimited space.
Also its some of my donation that pays for it.
So I can say I give back something more to my users.

Yes I'm running on my beta to.
Seems a little more smooth.
The freq steeping is 102 instead of hmm 64.
So it should be faster on the low frequently.
Full speed should not be much different .

1d 3h gone and my battery is at 75%. Unbelievable!

What I don't understand is why this doesn't happen more often? Like sometimes I just get bad drain and the phone barely lasts a day...could it just be bad battery calibration cos I'm trying to recalibrate it atm.

Well after an annoying last hour on Kanity, trying to enable lagfix, I`m saying goodbye to it, I`m going to try the new beta, I was using v 1.2 and it was solid, I know I can count on this kernel, :)

Edit: All went well, I forgot that it it was OC 1280, no problems yet tough, thanks Damian!
Now its time to tweak..

does anyone have this issue with ext2 partions ?
(i'm searching for theproblem, why this happen ..., butfor now - i have no idea ...)

i use damian's kernels and very happy with it ...
i configured ~20 sgs with darky 9.x and damainGTO kernels ...
so far so good
smile.gif

but it happens on ~10 handy's, that if the phone will be switched off (planned or unplanned)
and after reboot, the phones have then mostly A SUPERGAU
frown.gif

and message: sorry the application "X" has stopped unexpectedly
X = launcher pro, titanium, contact free, etc ... (like all apps, which was running on reboot ..
so, it seems to be, that the configs are broken ...

at first i was thinking, that the problem is "go launcher", so i made factory reset and installed/restored all back - excl. go launcher and tried laucher pro.

but after some reboots, it happens again:

"sorry the application X has stopped unexpectedly"

well, then i read, that only reinstall the launcher and titanium, etc .... wouldn't work ..., because i must also remove the folder from /dbdata/databases
because they are destroyed ...

then i thought to my config, and that i installed all my fs to EXT2 + all bind activated ...

so, the question is: does anyone have the same problems sometimes ?

PS: i will try to set "dbdata" to EXT4, maybe this helps - and without loose too much performance ...

on the other side, i had actived the kernel logging, but the kernel-logging on damian kernel doesn'T give much infos ..so i can't see anything strange ...)
all ideas are welcome.

cu camro
(i posted this on wrong thread - damiangto ultimate gingerbread kernel on XDA before..)

does anyone have this issue with ext2 partions ?
(i'm searching for theproblem, why this happen ..., butfor now - i have no idea ...)

i use damian's kernels and very happy with it ...
i configured ~20 sgs with darky 9.x and damainGTO kernels ...
so far so good
smile.gif

but it happens on ~10 handy's, that if the phone will be switched off (planned or unplanned)
and after reboot, the phones have then mostly A SUPERGAU
frown.gif

and message: sorry the application "X" has stopped unexpectedly
X = launcher pro, titanium, contact free, etc ... (like all apps, which was running on reboot ..
so, it seems to be, that the configs are broken ...

at first i was thinking, that the problem is "go launcher", so i made factory reset and installed/restored all back - excl. go launcher and tried laucher pro.

but after some reboots, it happens again:

"sorry the application X has stopped unexpectedly"

well, then i read, that only reinstall the launcher and titanium, etc .... wouldn't work ..., because i must also remove the folder from /dbdata/databases
because they are destroyed ...

then i thought to my config, and that i installed all my fs to EXT2 + all bind activated ...

so, the question is: does anyone have the same problems sometimes ?

PS: i will try to set "dbdata" to EXT4, maybe this helps - and without loose too much performance ...

on the other side, i had actived the kernel logging, but the kernel-logging on damian kernel doesn'T give much infos ..so i can't see anything strange ...)
all ideas are welcome.

cu camro
(i posted this on wrong thread - damiangto ultimate gingerbread kernel on XDA before..)

Well if you use a file system with binds you will basically have 2 file system that can be error on.
Its very clear to se that your system is not good.
Don't use bind, just use ext2 or ext4.
Then reinstall the rom.

Well if you use a file system with binds you will basically have 2 file system that can be error on.
Its very clear to se that your system is not good.
Don't use bind, just use ext2 or ext4.
Then reinstall the rom.
thanks, really reinstalling the ROM ? converting is not good idea ?

it has UV/OC features.Look on Ultimate Options.
Those who are facing FS problems, best settings(in my opinion) are :
DATA_FS=ext4
CACHE_FS=ext4
DBDATA_FS=ext4
DATA_LOOP=ext2
CACHE_LOOP=ext2
DBDATA_LOOP=ext2
BIND_DATA_TO_DBDATA=false
with these i get an average 2200+ on quadrant standard,48 fps in nenamark1,
PS. Best performance and smoothness will come with ULTIMATE ROM 8.2. Tried many(DOC's, Darky's, Tricky's and others),but none compaires to ultimate.Simple, fast,smooth,no lag.It has great features like ultimate addons, where you can install removed default apps.Try it.

it has UV/OC features.Look on Ultimate Options.
Those who are facing FS problems, best settings(in my opinion) are :
DATA_FS=ext4
CACHE_FS=ext4
DBDATA_FS=ext4
DATA_LOOP=ext2
CACHE_LOOP=ext2
DBDATA_LOOP=ext2
BIND_DATA_TO_DBDATA=false
with these i get an average 2200+ on quadrant standard,48 fps in nenamark1,
PS. Best performance and smoothness will come with ULTIMATE ROM 8.2. Tried many(DOC's, Darky's, Tricky's and others),but none compaires to ultimate.Simple, fast,smooth,no lag.It has great features like ultimate addons, where you can install removed default apps.Try it.

But you should mention that loops can be dangerous too. I've had problems with loops. First my system was really fast and smooth, but 2 days later it was really laggy. I had to disable the lagfix and were good again.
I'm on Darky's 9.5 with Damian's *super mega hyper mindblowing* 1.2 Gold kernel @ 1200 MHz. :)
It's a really good combo, everything is smooth and battery life is also good.
Addionally I've got more than 150 apps on my Galaxy and it's still smooth.

Last but no least, ~1200 Quadrant, but Quadrant doesn't matter at all, because it's first for HTC devices and secondly doesn't say anything about smoothness or speed. :)

Yes,yes,yes !!! 1.3 beta 3 is very smooth.Scrolling is pleasure now! No battery drain /8%-12hours in "middle"use is perfect for me !/.Goooooooood job Damian !Thx.One queation for you.Your kernel U"logo" wisible when SGS start is very fine.Then we waiting moment and bootanimation going on/I have "Red Boot"/.Can you make for as yours bootanimation which will be such a continuation of this static U logo? From A to Z it will be "U" :D

Back
Top Bottom