• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] DamianGTO Ultimate kernel (version 1.3 Beta 3) **2011-04-09**

Yes it should not be a problem, but a extra battery is not wrong to have in the pocket. That way there is not any chance that the phone is dead for no battery :-)
Also try UC it to 800MHZ to get more battery time.

I OC to 1280. I'd rather pay to have the battery life and get the power then gimp it in any way.

Still waiting on my activation e-mail for my new home.......does this mean that this place will die a slow death?

Check your spam filter. Some has this problem, but about 60 users on this first day has successfully registered and logged in.

Looking forward to the new beta.

Will your kernels still be compatible with ROMs from XDA, such as from Doc's Kitchen?

Should not any problem.

But its funny times.
First some developer steal my code and I complain to xda and now I'm BANNED from xda.
So much for the policy for they have to protect the rules and follow the different license.
The only one that will suffering for this ban is the users.

Hey Damian nice to see you here. Looking forward to the next version.

Edit: you have brought so many users over from XDA, just goes to show how loved you are. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. It will come.

Well I'm banned from xda. That how they pay me for my work.

I have been notified that the mail from forum.damiangto.org does not work on all e-mail client. Many do put the mail in the junk/spam folder.
Also if you do use strict settings with junk filter they will be removed.

I have manually activated 35+ users and send a new mail to all, but I dont think they will see that either.

So all that has been successfully with this issues do tell other person and on other site/board about this and they should try to login if they already has registry on forum.damiangto.org

Thanks

P.S I hope i dont break any rules when i post this here.;)

Am I the only one who is having trouble getting the kernel to save settings like touchscreen sensitivity?

I have downloaded and paid for the config app off the market, and it makes no difference. Setting stays for a while, then seems to revert back to default - not sure how or why.:confused::confused:

Oh, sad to hear Damian was banned from XDA. What the hell is going on with those guys?:mad:

Am I the only one who is having trouble getting the kernel to save settings like touchscreen sensitivity?

I have downloaded and paid for the config app off the market, and it makes no difference. Setting stays for a while, then seems to revert back to default - not sure how or why.:confused::confused:

Oh, sad to hear Damian was banned from XDA. What the hell is going on with those guys?:mad:

Do you have any strange app on the phone?
These settings is read from files at boot.
So long these file are in place then it works.
But if you have some strange 3:e part program that interfere with it then you might get these strange results.

Do you have any strange app on the phone?
These settings is read from files at boot.
So long these file are in place then it works.
But if you have some strange 3:e part program that interfere with it then you might get these strange results.

No, nothing weird. Pretty standard stuff. I might have to try a fix permissions or something. I'll come back if it keeps happening.

Soooo.... this project dead or?
Been on Beta 3 for 10 days now :/

Report to us what is going on ? :)

Peace!

Lol.
No its not dead.
The reason is that I did not know if I would put other stuff in. But I have not found any .
So it will be gold later on.
It has been tested so much and there is no.bugs. so..

Hi Damien, I appear to be having a similar problem. Apologies if I give too much info here but I just want to show exactly what I'm doing.:o

I set my preference in Ultimate Control ,press the Set Touchscreen Sensitivity (for example), the button turns blue as it's changing the setting then turns back to white and the preference has been changed. I exit using the 'back' touch button on the phone but when I immediatley go back into Ultimate Control it will have reverted back to 'default' setting??

I am using the stock Froyo 2.2 ROM and gave Superuser access the first time I opened the app.

Please help.

PS. I can't join your forum.org page cause MS Smartscreen tells me the site is 'unsafe' (ooooh:eek:).

Hi Damien, I appear to be having a similar problem. Apologies if I give too much info here but I just want to show exactly what I'm doing.:o

I set my preference in Ultimate Control ,press the Set Touchscreen Sensitivity (for example), the button turns blue as it's changing the setting then turns back to white and the preference has been changed. I exit using the 'back' touch button on the phone but when I immediatley go back into Ultimate Control it will have reverted back to 'default' setting??

I am using the stock Froyo 2.2 ROM and gave Superuser access the first time I opened the app.

Please help.

PS. I can't join your forum.org page cause MS Smartscreen tells me the site is 'unsafe' (ooooh:eek:).

Okey. Then I know what it is.
Your phone do save the settings, but the app don't read your settings when you start it again. Its default settings. I will fix this in the next version.

I have only alot to do right now.

Just add my site on your safe/trusted site in your browser and you should not have any problem with it.

I created a account here as soon as I saw you moved to this place, not going to miss out what you are doing! ;)

Peace.....

Jesus...there's no escaping some people hahahaha...

So I miss your kernel..

Now on GB JVB ...Im abit out the loop of whats happening...

Hows the GB kernel coming along now you have the source code??

Well Ive gone back to froyo...

Best base rom for the SGS at the moment and of course you get this kernel that beats the hell out of the gingerbread one... (thats not Damain's fault though...its a work in progress and early days)..

I have to say for the sake of a bit of animation and over scroll glow it really isnt worth it was you weigh up the pros and cons....

I have to wonder to myself why the hell I ever changed to 2.3.3

My phone is back to super fast 100% stable and back on EX2 ! Great ...

Well Ive gone back to froyo...

Best base rom for the SGS at the moment and of course you get this kernel that beats the hell out of the gingerbread one... (thats not Damain's fault though...its a work in progress and early days)..

I have to say for the sake of a bit of animation and over scroll glow it really isnt worth it was you weigh up the pros and cons....

I have to wonder to myself why the hell I ever changed to 2.3.3

My phone is back to super fast 100% stable and back on EX2 ! Great ...

Well I can only say you are right.
So far the froyo kernel is.so much better, but also I think the froyo firmware is much better then gingerbread. But in the next 2 month that can change

I have installed her v 1.3 beta 3, please damian, you can help and say like to form it of speed tweak on sdcard me. Because this is to fit break her? Thank you very much and excuse my Englishman ... regards

I have installed her v 1.3 beta 3, please damian, you can help and say like to form it of speed tweak on sdcard me. Because this is to fit break her? Thank you very much and excuse my Englishman ... regards

Well most tweak is on by default.
I try to make it so fast and smooth I can.
With the app you can make some change, but all big change is already done.
Sdcard tweak is on to.
In the future I will add some option in the app for this. But the settings I use is the fastest gor 90% of the users external sdcard.

Thank you very much for the explanation damian, that will come true by default because I looked in / sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179: 0 and the value that I have is 2048 now when before I had 128. thank you very much and congratulations on everything you do, genius!

Back
Top Bottom