• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] mOCk kernel v1.7.14 for MIUI (released)

I don't play a lot of higher end run and gun type games so I don't really notice a big difference with the updated driver. However, from what others have reported, they do notice an improvement especially on the dual stick type of games.

That's good to hear. I just flashed this kernel and everything is fine so far. Oh and with the "old" touchscreen driver, what I meant to ask wasn't towards gaming. I'm not sure how many people have experienced this but.. I use the pattern for whenever you lock your screen. Sometimes I'll go to unlock it and i'll hold my finger down, and it will only register it for half a second. It'll only let me choose two dots, before jumping randomly onto the next two. I won't be able to even finish the pattern. It's the same with swype sometimes. I'll be using it and at random, say i'll be typing in "sometimes" for example.. well it'll type in things like "SH GK KT". The fix is a simple power off and power on of the screen, if anyone isn't able to figure that out by now. haha

Upvote 0
I updated the changelog to specifically state that v1.5 works with the new MIUI 1.11.25 build.

Also added a link to a flashable zip that should work with the Triumph in CWM to reset the Incredicontrol voltage settings in case you undervolt too much and end up bootlooping.

Upvote 0
I think it should work as long as your kernel supports cifs. I don't think the stock kernel does though. B_randons's froyo kernel should support cifs so if you're using that, I think you're ok.

Ok, thanks. I'm just running the factory stock kernel now. Do these kernels with cifs support disable HDMI-out like CM7 and MIUI? HDMI is the main reason I've held off putting one of those on.

Upvote 0
SD seemed better to me no being rude but most games freeze on this kernal-.-

When you say "most games", what games are you talking about? None of the games that I play have any issues. And are you overclocked/underclocked/undervolted?

What is HD fix and is it included?

The "HD fix" is basically allocating more RAM to the GPU. As I said in the changelog, I increased the RAM allocation to the GPU but not as much as what Isaac did in the stock kernel; currently, I have available RAM of 361 MB using mOCkv1.5. Personally, in all of the games that I play, I did not see any difference in performance but that's probably because none of the games I played had any problem with the previous memory allocation either.

If people really notice that they need the full extra 30 MB of memory allocated to the GPU, I can add it in the next version based on feedback. But it doesn't make a difference to me in my own personal use. Also, with mOCKv1.5, I have about 361 MB of available RAM compared to the 348 MB on CM7.

Reactions: Maine Coon
Upvote 0
When you say "most games", what games are you talking about? None of the games that I play have any issues. And are you overclocked/underclocked/undervolted?

The "HD fix" is basically allocating more RAM to the GPU. As I said in the changelog, I increased the RAM allocation to the GPU but not as much as what Isaac did in the stock kernel; currently, I have available RAM of 361 MB using mOCkv1.5. Personally, in all of the games that I play, I did not see any difference in performance but that's probably because none of the games I played had any problem with the previous memory allocation either.

If people really notice that they need the full extra 30 MB of memory allocated to the GPU, I can add it in the next version based on feedback. But it doesn't make a difference to me in my own personal use. Also, with mOCKv1.5, I have about 361 MB of available RAM compared to the 348 MB on CM7.

Thank you very much.
You also can put 2 versions = with and w/o extra GPU RAM allocation.

Like I said, I am getting very nice battery life with OC 1.5 and Interactive Governer on your latest kernel.

Upvote 0
I don't know about the other guy, but only time I have a problem with games is when I'm undervolted and on the InteractiveX setting. I haven't tried any intense games though, this is just some game called "Ball hop" for some reason it stresses out the CPU or something at start up. Another game "doodle bowling" just hangs for a second after booting into the actual game, but still playable.

As soon as I switch to performance even when undervolted the games play fine though.

Upvote 0
UPDATED OP.

mOCkv1.6.12.zip
- Allocated the extra memory to the GPU so HD games will play properly
- Updated Interactive governor with all of the latest updates from CM
and reduced the transition latency so it will transition faster.
- added Whyzor's wakelock fix to try and prevent times when deep sleep mode is never entered.
- added 2way calling patch. Thanks to avs333 for the patch and DoomLord for the port of the patch. I know that MIUI already has in-call recording but if you were using another ROM and already had the app, you can now use it in MIUI also.

Need to use CallRecorder app from skvalex or rVoix.apk from avs333. More info can be found on this thread on xda:
[DEV] Two-way call recording on Desire [ALMOST SOLVED][Sept. 7 update] - xda-developers

Here's the post by skvalex listing his latest trial version of CallRecorder:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] Two-way call recording on Desire [ALMOST SOLVED][Sept. 7 update]

Here's the market link for CallRecorder:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skvalex.callrecorder

I tested the CallRecorder app and the sound quality was excellent for a recording--if you're into that sort of thing. I did not test the rVoix.apk yet at this time.

- enabled 61 MHz clock frequency.
- Added lower voltage regulator settings down to 600. It looks like 600 is the min that our boards can go from what the specs look like.
- changed default IO scheduler to NOOP.
- reverted memcopy update.

Upvote 0
Im totally gonna try this asap, it looks intriguing, i know my brothers droid x 2 runs 1600 on quadrant standard, cousins droid 3 runs 2200-2600, and with my triumph cm7 and oc to 1500 i think or 1600 i ran 3600, so over 4k on miui really made me smile it up =] this is gonna be fun. speed demon's ftw

Upvote 0
Can anyone confirm if this plays HD games better.... like lets golf or backstab. Evenness on sdkernel I had issues of games freezing some times or a little laggy

miui was built to be a smooth rom, i honestly in the start never figured we needed to bring OC into miui, but games are its biggest downfall indeed, so if you buy a big game, get it on a fast download in case it doesn't work and u can still return it before 15 mins lolz we need an hour. that sounds legit, sum downloads take more than 15 mins if u dont have wifi ect..15 mins from install time is reasonable.

Upvote 0
Can anyone confirm if this plays HD games better.... like lets golf or backstab. Evenness on sdkernel I had issues of games freezing some times or a little laggy

If you're playing a high end game, I'd definitely recommend that you change your governor to Performance before starting the game for best results no matter which kernel that you use.

Basically as far as the games freezing sometimes, I have a feeling that it's the graphics that's causing the slight lag sometimes. I don't see that lag unless I'm playing a graphics intensive HD game. And until we get updated video drivers, nothing's going to change that.

I added the extra gpu ram because I finally hit a game that actually needed it. I started playing Blood and Glory and in MIUI some of the mobs would not render properly and there were lots of graphics issues. After adding the extra gpu ram allocation, it now renders all graphics properly and sometimes, it still lags and is slow but the graphics are great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones