• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][UPDATE: 05/24/2012] bKernel-v2.3 & bKernel-CM7-v2.3 - 2.6.32.59

This thread is for bKernel which will be featured in bROM for the Motorol Triumph. This kernel is still in the development stage(hence the DEV tag) and I do not have a release version yet. That being said I will provide you my github address to the repo for this kernel so you can watch and see the changes being made.

Credit goes to shane87(my brother). He is the one who got this build going, and without him I would not be building a kernel. He has taught me everything I know about linux and helped greatly with everything Android I have ever done

Credit also goes to pwnyourace, Napsta, DooMLoRD, and FXP for getting the overclock patch working on these phones, as well as the VDD voltage control.

Kernel Features(Bold indicated working features in my dev test versions):

• OC/UC from 122MHz, to 2016GHz, with lots of frequencies in between.
  • Undervolt support for all frequencies(Working but me and my brother need to tweak it to get it to work with his Control Freak app we will be using along with this kernel)
  • Sio and v(r) I/O schedulers, with v(r) set to default. No-op and ondemand are alos included
  • Interactive, interactiveX(Default for now), smartass, smartassv2, smoothass, minmax(not working at the moment), lagfree(forgot to add on the last test build), SavagedZen, performance, and ondemand govenors. Removed conservative, powersave and userspace
  • Ext2 and ext4 support
  • Mounting of ext4 in the init.rc(will require me to format the partitions to ext4 through the updater script in my ROM)
  • ISO and UDF cd-rom filesystems supported
  • NTFS filesystem read and write support
  • Disabled kernel debugging
  • Swap support
  • Zram(a better compcache) will hopefully be implemented if we can get the modules to build right.
  • Applying LMK(Low memory killer) settings in the init.rc through a configurable ram.conf file.
  • My brothers Memory Freak app configured to work on our phones to control the memory settings(Zram and LMK settings)
  • My brothers Control Freak app configured to work on our phones to control the OC/UC and Undervolt settings, as well as the governors and I/O schedulers(I think it supports changing the I/O scheduler anyways!)
  • As many tweaks and optimizations I can cram into this kernel!
Here is the link to my github repository:https://brandon14@github.com/brandon14/linux_wx435kt-froyo.git

Feel free to follow me on that repo to see what changes we add to it. And I will post any public test versions here on this thread!

Feel free to donate to me and my brother if you like our work!(He needs and deserves it more than me!!!) You can donate to me here on my signature, and to donate to shane87 go to XDA and find a post by him and he has a donate to me button under his name!!
Will it work with Cyanogen? this might be a dumb question... :)

Nah it's for the stock ROM. Im not sure what all would have to be done to make it for CM but I think it's all in the init.rc so it may not be hard to do!

Good work dude, I knew you would make a kernel soon. Keep on taking care of stock!

That's all I know how to do :)

I should be posting a DEV release build today or tonight. It is still in the dev stage, but it will feature oc/uc from 122MHz to 2016MHz, and it defaults to 1024MHz, so it should boot on any phone, I also modified the ramdisk to remove the service where init.qcom.post_boot.sh is enabled, so that even if you don't modify that file, your frequencies and governor will stick because it never initiates that script in the first place. The ramdisk also contains a minimal busybox so that even without run-parts on your phone memory, init.d scripts will still be executed. There is alot more I did but you can look at that on github lol! :)

Wait whoa. 2016 Mhz?? Can the Triumph's CPU even handle that?

That's a little bit faster than my computer!

I was wondering for a 3 days, why can the evolution shift handle 2ghz and we have a better processor. Next thing bkernel comes out with 2ghz...

Edit: also some people triumphs can barely handle past 1.5ghz, so I know some random person will be sorry at 2ghz....

Edit: also some people triumphs can barely handle past 1.5ghz, so I know some random person will be sorry at 2ghz....

And we will see a flood of posts about how people fried their phones and asking why! :P OC'ing is nice, but people need to know what they are doing before messing with that. At least with this phone people can do a lot of things wrong and still get the phone working again, but OC'ing it too much and not being smart about it will screw them over. Make sure the warning on this is HUGE! lol.

And we will see a flood of posts about how people fried their phones and asking why! :P OC'ing is nice, but people need to know what they are doing before messing with that. At least with this phone people can do a lot of things wrong and still get the phone working again, but OC'ing it too much and not being smart about it will screw them over. Make sure the warning on this is HUGE! lol.

yea i dont go past 1.5

Yeah its going to be in text like this:

OVERCLOCK AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO HIGH OF FREQUENCIES FOR PROLONGED PERIODS OF TIME CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE CPU AND OTHER PARTS OF THE INTERNAL CHIPSET. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Lol!!! :)

that's alright! noob like me, ill just call VM or use my $40 black tie bb plan and demand a new triumph coz it just died all of a sudden. :D

... so having said that, where is this bROM that you guys are talking about?!? :p

The bROM is still in beta testing as of right now. But it is very close to release. ANd it will probably include my own kernel as well!

First DEV release version has been posted! Feel free to check it out. Please note the warning at the bottom of the OP!!!

Sorry just realized the vdd voltage control doesn't work on this kernel at the moment. I gotta see what I left out lol!!

2016 GHz? Thats a lot of GHz! Are you sure it wasn't MHz?

*dreams of ACTUAL 2016 GHz phones, which we'll probably have in a decade*

2016 GHz? Thats a lot of GHz! Are you sure it wasn't MHz?

*dreams of ACTUAL 2016 GHz phones, which we'll probably have in a decade*

Lol 2.16 THz and with built in R-134 cooling so our hands don't spontaneously combust under the insane temp of that beast running full bore to display holographic 1080p videogames that we use our minds to control... :D

yea this kernel is frakin Beast!!!! :D i would run quadrant at 2ghz, but im afraid that i'll pass out from awesomness and my phone would explode :p LOL

Ha lol yeah its definitely not capable of 2.16 THz lol! Proofreading has never been my strong suit lol! I'm going to run a 2ghz quad lol and hopefully my phone doesn't meltdown in my hand!!

R-134 cooling now there is an awesome idea hive it 5 years lol!

New version posted, and the VDD voltage controls work now. So you can use Incredicontrol to control the undervolt settings!

Back
Top Bottom