• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][UPDATE: 05/24/2012] bKernel-v2.3 & bKernel-CM7-v2.3 - 2.6.32.59

Oops I didn't even know it posted, I was browsing on my phone and I guess I ended up replying. But yeah I don't think I noticed any difference in terms of brightness. If anything it was more responsive and usable.

Cool- I imagine that it would be more responsive with the updated touchscreen drivers. I really liked the responsiveness of the fOCK kernel with the same Whyzor-updated drivers, it's just that the autobrightness was too bright for my taste.

Thanks again for the answer!

Out of curiosity would it be possible to change the MTU on this to the standard one so we can tether? I am somewhat considering a whole different rom/kernel altogether but lazy to redo the whole phone.

I don't know if this kernel is still being developed but I just installed it yesterday on MTDEV-CM7 build 20120926 and I've noticed that the phone now refuses to go into Airplane mode and will not deep sleep.

I also tried it on a fresh install of the U9000 ROM and it locks up at the Moto logo. I booted into CWM, formatted cache / data / system, wiped davlik cache, installed the U9000 ROM and rebooted. I let the phone sit for five minutes, rebooted back into CWM and flashed bKernel-v2.3.zip.

Yeah this kernel hasn't been updated. Chances are it wont run on the sharp/ideos based roms. And as far as cm7 goes, there has been it of kernel changes since this kernel has last been updated so chances are things will not work right.

I don't know if I will ever update these kernels as well. The froyo kernel on triumph based stock roms should still work, but on anything its questionable.

Sorry guys! I just don't have the time required to bring these kernels up and fix all the bugs at the moment! My apologies!

No problems, I understand :-). I just thought I'd mention it in case it wasn't known. At least it's documented in the thread now for others.

I'm a noob, flashed ROMs before no problem, but I just flashed the stock kernel and my phone's stuck on the boot logo. I wiped cache but didn't do a factory reset. Any tips?

I'm a noob, flashed ROMs before no problem, but I just flashed the stock kernel and my phone's stuck on the boot logo. I wiped cache but didn't do a factory reset. Any tips?

What kernel did you have on there before you flashed it back to stock? You should just be able to boot into recovery and flash a copy of the kernel you were previously on and everything should be back to normal.

I don't remember. I did the ROM awhile back, but I just restored the backup I made before I flashed it cause I didn't like it. I tried flashing the UMPH kernel, worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom