• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies Crashing

RJSmith92

Lurker
Hey, I've had a quick search and didn't find anything so apologies if its been answered before.

A few days ago I installed Kies and connected my S2. I synced a few albums over and everything worked fine. Since then I've downloaded a few games and apps and then yesterday when I connected my phone to Kies its crashing. Kies still loads normally and connects to the phone. When I click on a library in the top left (e.g. Music) the spinning orange loader keeps spinning for ages and then crashes.

I read somewhere that Kies can crash with file types any longer than 16 characters? So maybe some of the files for the games I downloaded are?

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks.
 
I thought Kies comes with the phone and you don't need to install anything unless you get the computer app. I got that but never used it. Just use the browser app and the IP address given by the SGS2. Syncying music and videos now-no problems here
 
In my experience Kies on the PC is pretty buggy and doesn't always recognise my phone. Also, when trying to backup the phone it often fails/crashes. As @mystvearn said, Kies Air is the most reliable way of getting content on and off the phone, even if it is slow and only supports certain browsers fully (e.g. doing multiple uploads/downloads requires Java plugins that aren't recognised on all browsers properly)
 
Thanks for the replies.

Ye Kies does seem pretty buggy and poor, but I just thought It would be quicker than Kies air.

Thanks again.
 
Just realised why its crashing.
I went to import/export along the top and tried exporting my music from my phone to my PC to see what it does, instead of exporting about the 100 songs I put on it was going to export around 8500 files.

The problem is its exporting all the game sound files as well as my music, even though my music is in a media folder and the games are in a another. I don't even think I can tell the program what places to get the files from.

Anyway nothing I can do to fix that expect use Kies air.
 
I use my phone explorer if I want cable connection. Been using it with my SE phones. Great software.
 
Back
Top Bottom