• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kies restore error/cancellation

Before i upgraded to ICS i used Kies to back up my phone, now with ICS installed the restore keeps failing on me with a cancellation error.

When restoring, Kies has three data types to restore: Personal, Content and Account. Make sure you UN selected the account settings as these are not compatible between firmware versions (at least major versions like gingerbread -> ICS). Hence the error i was getting. Personal and Data restored just fine.

Before i upgraded to ICS i used Kies to back up my phone, now with ICS installed the restore keeps failing on me with a cancellation error.

When restoring, Kies has three data types to restore: Personal, Content and Account. Make sure you UN selected the account settings as these are not compatible between firmware versions (at least major versions like gingerbread -> ICS). Hence the error i was getting. Personal and Data restored just fine.

Hey Caracortada,

Whend you say account settings please tell me that you dont mean all of the account settings. Eg Bookmarks etc. I have a gazillion bookmarks etc which will all be gone if I uncheck all of the account settings options.
Regards and many thanks for your post
Jon D

PS. I'll let this thread know how I get on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones