• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kindle App shortcut

Martimus

One bite at a time...
Hey All...

Just rooted my NC using the Auto Nooter dated 12/25. After successful completion of the process I went into the Android Market and downloaded/installed the Amazon Kindle app. Problem is that I can't find out where it put the default shortcut for the app.

I checked the Extra's folder but it's not there either... and it does not allow me to create a shortcut there so I can't add simply add the shortcut myself. I know that Kindle is installed correctly as I can run it from the Market.

Any ideas on what I need to do in order to get a shortcut created for it on the desktop or, preferably, in the Extras folder?

FYI... I also posted the question on XDA in the NC General forum.

[Q] Kindle App shortcut - xda-developers

Never mind! Just figured it out for myself... rebooted the NC and voila the shortcut is now there!

Unless you use an app like fast reboot, you do need to reboot to see apps in the extras folder.

But eff all that noise. Install a home replacement like Zeam (which i have) or launcherpro so you can make a screen like mine, customized the way you wish:

2d6ppj9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom