• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Known incompatible apps after 2.3 update

Welcome to the root bandwagon. ;) It's only a matter of time before you guys start installing Amon-RA and using custom kernels! :D haha

Welcome to the root bandwagon. ;) It's only a matter of time before you guys start installing Amon-RA and using custom kernels! :D haha

Link2SD is way better than App2SD.

Now I need to figure out how to get Thinkfree Office out of the /system folder. What a waste of 15Megs.

Link2SD is way better than App2SD.

Now I need to figure out how to get Thinkfree Office out of the /system folder. What a waste of 15Megs.

No, App2SD is muuuuuch better than Google app2SD and Link2SD. Darktremor App2SD copies /data/app into a Linux Ext4 partition on your SD card... Performance is much more on par than with link2SD, less hoops to jump through and on top of that Titanium backup supports the partition fully. I think you're mistaken App2SD with the crap google delivers. ;)

As for deleting ThinkFree Office, you can delete it by using a tool like Root Explorer, navigating to /system/app, set the folder as read/write and delete the APK related to it. As for the name, no clue what it is... I'll double check and report back. Keep in mind though that releasing space in /system is pretty useless unless you copy applications over to it. Also, Titanium Backup can uninstall system apps if you prefer doing it that way.

No, App2SD is muuuuuch better than Google app2SD and Link2SD. Darktremor App2SD copies /data/app into a Linux Ext4 partition on your SD card... Performance is much more on par than with link2SD, less hoops to jump through and on top of that Titanium backup supports the partition fully. I think you're mistaken App2SD with the crap google delivers. ;)

As for deleting ThinkFree Office, you can delete it by using a tool like Root Explorer, navigating to /system/app, set the folder as read/write and delete the APK related to it. As for the name, no clue what it is... I'll double check and report back. Keep in mind though that releasing space in /system is pretty useless unless you copy applications over to it. Also, Titanium Backup can uninstall system apps if you prefer doing it that way.

OK you are right. I am using Link2SD right now and FAT partition. I'm going to give that other app2SD a shot. I wonder if I can convert the partition currently in place.

OK you are right. I am using Link2SD right now and FAT partition. I'm going to give that other app2SD a shot. I wonder if I can convert the partition currently in place.

I don't recommend converting the partition... Start fresh. Otherwise the symlink might not work. And keep in mind the only way to actually use Darktremor's app2SD is to install my custom ROM which is still in testing. ;) If Link2SD works for you, you can keep it as is...

I don't recommend converting the partition... Start fresh. Otherwise the symlink might not work. And keep in mind the only way to actually use Darktremor's app2SD is to install my custom ROM which is still in testing. ;) If Link2SD works for you, you can keep it as is...

Just reading up on this... this is too hardcore for me.

Links2SD works fine for now (too bad about the dalvik-cacke... can't move that with Link2SD...it keeps coming back at reboot)

Hey, even on my Samsung Galaxy S2 I get incompatible ROM mentions... Google just messed up bad with this new market. ;)

Not a new issue, but more of an annoyance. Do you guys find the USB connection tot he phone is really loose and a slight movement of the phone will cause it to disconnect?

if you install Titanium backup pro. you will easily be able to remove any bloatware you want to. and move user apps in to the rom that's what I did it gave me so much more space but be careful what you remove (thinkfree is safe)

if you install Titanium backup pro. you will easily be able to remove any bloatware you want to. and move user apps in to the rom that's what I did it gave me so much more space but be careful what you remove (thinkfree is safe)

Yup - exactly what I did. Did that to LG app adviser too, and might do that to LG Home soon.

Yup - exactly what I did. Did that to LG app adviser too, and might do that to LG Home soon.

i was thinking about doing that too I honestly think LG home is ugly and don't need it but I was concerned that it may cause problems if I removed it because it seems to be the default launcher after the phone is wiped back to stock and I'm not sure if removing it will give me a black screen if I ever have to wipe it back to stock??

i was thinking about doing that too I honestly think LG home is ugly and don't need it but I was concerned that it may cause problems if I removed it because it seems to be the default launcher after the phone is wiped back to stock and I'm not sure if removing it will give me a black screen if I ever have to wipe it back to stock??

You're right, probably a good idea. I has it frozen right now though.

There is a solution for that somewhere. I believe a factory reset.

Clearing the folder related to the FM radio app in /data/ might work if a factory reset fixes it. Can't test and give the proper folder, don't have the phone. ;)

And yeah, if you guys want a basic launcher on the phone that takes up less space than LG Home or Launcher2 (Android launcher), I suggest going with Launcher Pro or Zeam launcher and deleting both LG home and launcher2. They take up 10 megs combined! Launcher pro is 2-3 megs and Zeam is 700k...

My next custom ROM build will have zeam in it. ;) I also deleted thinkfree, moved Nuance to data partition instead of system and deleted LG app advisor.

I like Go launcher over Zeam, but Zeam is so small and clean. Go has more functionality, but it is much fatter for sure.

Back
Top Bottom