• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest version of Swype for Droid?

Hey guys, is there a new version of Swype i can install now? I've read a few of the blogs, but they're sort of old and from what i understand since the official beta version expired alot of recent people have had problems installing Swype.

Where can i get it?

I will just assume that this link you sent currently works. Is it worth me uninstalling Shapewriter and installing this link's install?

This is a different link than the one I Googled and installed a couple of weeks ago... just downloaded from this link... I hope this is a better install... the one I found (this version) caused all kinds of problems once I switched batteries and rebooted my Droid. I'm so addicted to Swype.
So this link doesn't work?

This is a different link than the one I Googled and installed a couple of weeks ago... just downloaded from this link... I hope this is a better install... the one I found (this version) caused all kinds of problems once I switched batteries and rebooted my Droid. I'm so addicted to Swype.

I hope it does work better for you! I continue to be completely trouble-free with version .5612, through a number of ROM installs, etc. Never had the "incompatibility" message, nor had to use the switch input method.

So this link doesn't work?

It works just fine... albeit, I've only had it installed for a few minutes and haven't used it much. The real test will be the next time I swap batteries and reboot my Droid. If I have problems, I'm going to wait until Swype is finally out of beta.

It works just fine... albeit, I've only had it installed for a few minutes and haven't used it much. The real test will be the next time I swap batteries and reboot my Droid. If I have problems, I'm going to wait until Swype is finally out of beta.
thanks for the update man

Exactly what johnlgalt said. The only way for you to legitimately get Swype is to be a beta tester. It is against Android Forums policy to share links containing pirated apk's.

Back
Top Bottom