• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help launcher not responding?

Vidsrock

Lurker
Help! On the Acer iconia tab a100, when I try to use the home screen, it says "launcher is not responding". In fact, almost every app I use eventually ends up saying the same thing! I'm really frustrated and thinking of selling my tablet. Can I fix this? And if I can, how?

It seems likely that a misbehaving app may be causing this. The challenge then is to identify the bad app and remove it. You can try either removing all apps one at a time, or perform the Factory data reset which will clear all apps and user data. When the system starts after the reset, you should disable the Google backup and restore options so apps are not automatically reloaded. You should then test for the problem without installing any apps. After completing that, gradually introduce apps back into the system one at a time, testing between each until the problem returns.

Did you drop it? This could either be a hardware issue or a software issue? Are there any other things you noticed like it getting hot? First try. getting a task manager or an app killer to kill all background apps if that seems to solve the problem try opening apps one by one and see if the problem is recreated. Uninstall the app or apps that seem to be creating the problem if you fall into this category. If that doesnt work do a factory data reset if possible. Make sure to turn off the automatic backup and restore. If a reset doesn't help then try disabling things like the GPS and the wifi etc..
If the problem still isn't solved send it back if it is still under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom