• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LED Notification Light Won't Turn Off

So my green text/email indicator light starts flashing...I slide open my screen and...nothing. No email, no text. I checked both to make sure and nada. Turn my screen off and it starts flashing again. I've already turned the phone off and then on again but that damn light keeps coming back...obviously this is draining some power, but my more pressing concern is that now I have no way of knowing if/when I get a new email or text while my phone is on silent.

Anyone else ever experience anything like that? If so were you able to resolve it and how?

tia

I've got the same problem on my Atrix running Gingerbread. I've got no notifications whatsoever (text, calls, emails, facebook, app updates, nothing). I went through and cleared the cache and data on a ton of apps as well as killed some running ones. Same deal-- as soon as I sleep/lock the screen then there's that stinking green flashing LED. Phone is at about 90% charge and is not plugged in... not connected to data (wifi/3g/edge) but has voice. I've tried toggling wifi, airplane, gps, bluetooth... Obviously that should have nothing to do with it but I'm desperate. I've toggled notifications LED and that shuts it off but permanently. I've also toggled in-pocket detection in various configurations with no luck.

Upvote 0
Also did a battery pull with no luck.

Eventually the light does stop flashing (after hours?) but I can't pinpoint what triggers it to stop. Very annoying! One guy with this problem said drawing the notification open and then closed temporarily fixes it for him and I can confirm that this is the same for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones