• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LED Notifications not working?

The led will only blink when in sleep mode (screen off). If your screen is on there is no need for the led because you have the notification present. With the screen off you can't see the notification so the led blinks. The led will blink with screen off until you clear the notification.

Upvote 0
Thank goodness. I wonder how many of these 'My led doesn't blink' threads are because of cases that were not designed properly to expose the led.

You would think the case makers would factor that in. It was probably too small and they didn't even notice it was there. They managed to provide holes for both noise cancelling mics on the back and everything else, but they blocked the LED notification, and that is a case directly from Verizon. I like the case, but I might have to return it for that reason :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I had the exact same issue and I have the incipio case aswell. I poked a hole in the rubber to reveal the led though. I used the metal tip of a ball point pen and it was pretty simple, the only diffuculty being alignment. I can post pictures if you'd like.

Yeah, please do. I would be interested.

On a side note, I e-mailed Incipio support and they said are working on re-designing the case and if I send them my proof of purchase they will send me the re-designed case in a week or two.

Upvote 0
I CAN in fact confirm there can be a problem with the Bionic LED absent of a case. I haven't had a case for the last 4 days and mine never blinks the notification while in sleep mode. When about to go in to sleep mode it blinks once and then never again. So I know the light lights up but fails to ever serve its purpose.

VZ store had no clue. Two levels of VZ phone tech support had no clue. The final suggestion was to call Motorolla and use the NoLED app!

So from my perspective I get the sense the LED light doesn't work properly for anyone at all and we all need a software update from Motorolla to get it working. But many of you seem to be claiming that the LED notifications work as they should.

Incredibly confusing! Love the phone all around but no one wants to take responsibility for this issue.

Upvote 0
I CAN in fact confirm there can be a problem with the Bionic LED absent of a case. I haven't had a case for the last 4 days and mine never blinks the notification while in sleep mode. When about to go in to sleep mode it blinks once and then never again. So I know the light lights up but fails to ever serve its purpose.

VZ store had no clue. Two levels of VZ phone tech support had no clue. The final suggestion was to call Motorolla and use the NoLED app!

So from my perspective I get the sense the LED light doesn't work properly for anyone at all and we all need a software update from Motorolla to get it working. But many of you seem to be claiming that the LED notifications work as they should.

Incredibly confusing! Love the phone all around but no one wants to take responsibility for this issue.

I just registered to follow this issue. My bionic is behaving exactly like earlyhike describes, light flow app does nothing for me.

Upvote 0
Good news! Because I bought my phone from Amazon, having the excellent support that they do, they overnighted me a new phone. Unfortunately, it had the exact same problem right out of the box. I didn't have anything personalized yet, so I did a factory reset (from the settings > privacy menu) and had it erase the sd card as well, when it rebooted, I initially skipped setting up my Google account, and sent myself a text message. It worked! I later setup my Google account, rebooted, and confirmed its still working. So try that out guys, and see if that will work. I know its a little counterintuitive to factory reset a brand new phone, but perhaps Verizon or Motorola broke the LED with a last minute patch before they shipped the phone.

Reactions: DanDroide
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones