• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

Tried to run brunch afyonltev1 .... getting the following build error. Trying to look into whats causing this, any ideas?

make: *** No rule to make target '/home/android/cm11/out/target/product/afyonltev1/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/android/cm11/out/target/product/afyonltev1/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Import includes file: /home/android/cm11/out/target/product/afyonltev1/obj/EXECUTABLES/surfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes

actually, may have found a solution ... will see in about 10 to 15 or so if the build fails.

Edit: Hmm, same error but at a different spot in the build process. I had added lib/libqdutil.so to the proprietary-files.txt. This time it complained when building surfaceflinger executable ... instead of the lib ... so I added anything I could find on the system partition that was systemflinger related to the proprietary files, and am re-running the build.

Last edited:
Just added bin/surfaceflinger and two lib/surfaceflinger.whatever.so files to the proprietary files and re-ran extract-files.sh

Its similar to the structure of the build for moto g 4g (peregrine) which I am basing my kernel build off of, there are 2 branches, the afyonltev1 references the msm8226 branch. To build it you need both the afyonltev1 and msm8226 kernels, as well as both of the device folders. I am running extract-files.sh from the device/samsung/afyonltev1/ folder, using a mounted system.img as a source of files, copy's from the phone were misteriously failing in certain spots with "permission denied" errors for no reason I could discern.

Just added bin/surfaceflinger and two lib/surfaceflinger.whatever.so files to the proprietary files and re-ran extract-files.sh

Its similar to the structure of the build for moto g 4g (peregrine) which I am basing my kernel build off of, there are 2 branches, the afyonltev1 references the msm8226 branch. To build it you need both the afyonltev1 and msm8226 kernels, as well as both of the device folders. I am running extract-files.sh from the device/samsung/afyonltev1/ folder, using a mounted system.img as a source of files, copy's from the phone were misteriously failing in certain spots with "permission denied" errors for no reason I could discern.
That seems a really hacky way to get GitHub working... Why not use different branches? (PS, check out SmartGit, makes Git 100% easier)

I've been kinda wanting to get to the point where I have at least a booting recovery before I put it up on github. If I try to flash my recovery from twrp I get an immediate black screen (I'm guessing phone doesn't like recovery beng overwritten while running from recovery) ... only way out is to pull the battery, and when I boot the phone back up into recovery twrp loads, so nothing was flashed. I tried to also make a recovery.tar.md5 from the recovery.img, but when I boot to recovery after flashing that from odin, it says something to the effect of boot failed and takes me to the Odin Download mode of the phone.
You should be able to flash the recovery image with Flashify. You can get it free on the play store. I've used it to flash twrp a couple times on my avant.

Also, do you want me to make you some bash scripts and set up GitHub to automate the file moving and stuff?

Sure ... willing to take a look at any scripts that would make my job easier.

On another note ... surprised my earlier builds got as far as they did ... setup-makefiles.sh still had motorola/peregrine settings in it. Although now running into another issue, when I changed those entries in setup-makefiles build now fails immediately:

android@builduntuvm:~/cm11$ breakfast afyonltev1
build/core/product_config.mk:239: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/samsung/afyonltev1/cm.mk]]: "vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk" does not exist. Stop.
Device afyonltev1 not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Repository for afyonltev1 not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.
build/core/product_config.mk:239: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/samsung/afyonltev1/cm.mk]]: "vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk" does not exist. Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_afyonltev1'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

So I added the following local manifest

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Sparhawk76/android_device_samsung_afyonltev1" path="device/samsung/afyonltev1" remote="github" />
  <project name="Sparhawk76/android_kernel_samsung_afyonltev1" path="kernel/samsung/afyonltev1" remote="github"  />
  <project name="Sparhawk76/android_device_samsung_msm8226-common" path="device/samsung/msm8226-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="Sparhawk76/android_kernel_samsung_msm8226-common" path="kernel/samsung/msm8226-common" remote="github"  />
</manifest>

When I run "repo sync" I now get the following error:

Fetching project CyanogenMod/android_external_libpcap
Fetching project platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.7
Fetching projects: 74% (357/482) Fetching project CyanogenMod/android_external_chromium_org
Fetching project CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_photoviewer
error: Cannot fetch Sparhawk76/android_device_samsung_afyonltev1
Fetching project CyanogenMod/android_external_heimdall
error: Cannot fetch Sparhawk76/android_kernel_samsung_afyonltev1

error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

Not sure why its failing there as I'm pretty sure I have the paths right, but Its late and I could be missing something obvious.

On that note I'm off to bed ... its after 4am here.

Sure ... willing to take a look at any scripts that would make my job easier.

On another note ... surprised my earlier builds got as far as they did ... setup-makefiles.sh still had motorola/peregrine settings in it. Although now running into another issue, when I changed those entries in setup-makefiles build now fails immediately:

android@builduntuvm:~/cm11$ breakfast afyonltev1
Device afyonltev1 not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Repository for afyonltev1 not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_afyonltev1'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

So I added the following local manifest

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Sparhawk76/android_device_samsung_afyonltev1" path="device/samsung/afyonltev1" remote="github" />
  <project name="Sparhawk76/android_kernel_samsung_afyonltev1" path="kernel/samsung/afyonltev1" remote="github"  />
  <project name="Sparhawk76/android_device_samsung_msm8226-common" path="device/samsung/msm8226-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="Sparhawk76/android_kernel_samsung_msm8226-common" path="kernel/samsung/msm8226-common" remote="github"  />
</manifest>

When I run "repo sync" I now get the following error:

Fetching project CyanogenMod/android_external_libpcap
Fetching project platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.7
Fetching projects: 74% (357/482) Fetching project CyanogenMod/android_external_chromium_org
Fetching project CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_photoviewer
error: Cannot fetch Sparhawk76/android_device_samsung_afyonltev1
Fetching project CyanogenMod/android_external_heimdall
error: Cannot fetch Sparhawk76/android_kernel_samsung_afyonltev1

error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

Not sure why its failing there as I'm pretty sure I have the paths right, but Its late and I could be missing something obvious.

On that note I'm off to bed ... its after 4am here.

Sometime this week I'll look into that.

Are you sure that you spelt it right and are using the proper format? I'll take a look soon enough and see what I can do

Sometime this week I'll look into that.

Are you sure that you spelt it right and are using the proper format? I'll take a look soon enough and see what I can do

Found what caused the initial error ... I must have been tired to miss this. I had renamed the vendor folder to vendor.bak, when I should have just renamed the samsung folder within it for what I wanted to accomplish.

Now getting the following error doing "make recoveryimage":
Code:
target thumb C: libminui <= bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c
bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:46:27: fatal error: linux/msm_mdp.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
build/core/binary.mk:512: recipe for target '/home/android/cm11/out/target/product/afyonltev1/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/graphics_overlay.o' failed
make: *** [/home/android/cm11/out/target/product/afyonltev1/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/graphics_overlay.o] Error 1

Weird part is in both the kernel source trees there is an include/linux/msm_mdp.h file

Got a kinda cludgy fix for the fail building minui ... copy the msm_mdp.h and msm_ion.h (found it was needed too) to <cmroot>/bootable/recovery/minui/linux/

Waiting for the next error :p.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if anyone knows a better place to put those files, or a way to force their inclusion automatially it would be useful to know.

Got a kinda cludgy fix for the fail building minui ... copy the msm_mdp.h and msm_ion.h (found it was needed too) to <cmroot>/bootable/recovery/minui/linux/

Waiting for the next error :p.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if anyone knows a better place to put those files, or a way to force their inclusion automatially it would be useful to know.
The force inclusions might be something I can fix. Will take a look at tonight.

Isn't it possible to use the official samsung avant kernel source? Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to touchwiz and aosp as i never had a tw device.
I was able to complete building the recoveryimage using your sources. Thanks man! now let's hope I don't get any crazy errors with brunch.

I settled up a device tree and a vendor tree for the avant a couple of days ago
https://github.com/j03lpr86/android_device_samsung_afyonltetmo
https://github.com/j03lpr86/android_vendor_samsung_afyonltetmo

Their both based off the galaxy grand 2 same CPU and specs as the avant
I don't have time at the moment, and I'm sick (why I haven't done the coding I promised, sorry yall) - but could you go ahead and make a build of CM11, test it and see if it works?

EDIT: Not same specs, ignore me

Not saying you're wrong - but the different specs are screen resolution - camera - possible different RIL (I think so) - Grand has FM while Avant doesn't - etc
I did a diff on the extracted blobs with the avant files and justed switch the grand files with the avant files. I even tried flashing cm11 built for the grand to see if it would but I guess the kernel is built a little different than the avant the front lights would flash and it was stuck on the boot screen

I did a diff on the extracted blobs with the avant files and justed switch the grand files with the avant files. I even tried flashing cm11 built for the grand to see if it would but I guess the kernel is built a little different than the avant the front lights would flash and it was stuck on the boot screen
Ahh. Well, if it goes to boot screen that's fairly hopeful.

Also, what version of Android did you build?

Back
Top Bottom