• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

I haven't any yet I'm beginning to learn building android from source so far all I do is small mods . the build I flashed was one that was posted for the grand 2 single Sim version
Test this for me?
Mod Build.Prop and add this:
ro.adb.secure=0
to it and upon booting - run a logcat and post it here.

Not saying you're wrong - but the different specs are screen resolution - camera - possible different RIL (I think so) - Grand has FM while Avant doesn't - etc
Would it be possible to pick and choose the device sources? I mean getting camera files from one device and ril from another etc.? Would that work?

Would it be possible to pick and choose the device sources? I mean getting camera files from one device and ril from another etc.? Would that work?
Well we have source of this device... *cough cough* (yeah, we could pull from there. I was just pointing out. The screen is the most important difference)

This is a little off topic but I figured I could trust you 2 on this thread. Can one of you send me your SecSettings.apk located in /system/priv-app? I messed around with some of the pngs in it and now I can't open the settings on my phone. I tried to put everything back but it didn't work and I was too stupid to make a backup before hand.... Anyways I don't know if all of them are the same or not but I would really like to save doing a factory reset if possible. Thanks.

Seems to be display driver
Source:
http://m.blog.csdn.net/blog/robinyeung/12450607

Kinda what I thought
Yo bro, i got this error when building and idk what to do.

make: *** No rule to make target '/home/epicboy/cm/out/target/product/afyonltetmo/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/epicboy/cm/out/target/product/afyonltetmo/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes'. Stop.

any ideas?

This is a little off topic but I figured I could trust you 2 on this thread. Can one of you send me your SecSettings.apk located in /system/priv-app? I messed around with some of the pngs in it and now I can't open the settings on my phone. I tried to put everything back but it didn't work and I was too stupid to make a backup before hand.... Anyways I don't know if all of them are the same or not but I would really like to save doing a factory reset if possible. Thanks.
I don't have the device. Sorry mate

Well with the boot.img with the grand 2 kernel right now booted me to download mode. Imma modify the boot.img most likely tomorrow after work because its 11:30pm and I gotta be up early t work as soon as I do it I'll post a dmesg.
Am I allowed to ask what exactly you did to get to this point? :) did you build the grand 2 rom from source? And what did you change in boot.img?

Yo bro, i got this error when building and idk what to do.

make: *** No rule to make target '/home/epicboy/cm/out/target/product/afyonltetmo/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/epicboy/cm/out/target/product/afyonltetmo/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes'. Stop.

any ideas?
the device and vendor trees still need some fix-ups for the avant files. im on those at the moment. cause the grand 2 and avant have some small slight file differences.

the device and vendor trees still need some fix-ups for the avant files. im on those at the moment. cause the grand 2 and avant have some small slight file differences.
Great stuff, thanks. I think I'll edit the OP and the name of the thread. Alright to link to your github pages? (we need to commit changes to the readme.md ;P)

Great stuff, thanks. I think I'll edit the OP and the name of the thread. Alright to link to your github pages? (we need to commit changes to the readme.md ;P)
sure you can im need to first unfork the android_device and create a new android_device.

Was just about to suggest that. Just let me know what the updated link is when you're done.
what should i change this and this to?
# Boot animation
TARGET_SCREEN_HEIGHT := 1280
TARGET_SCREEN_WIDTH := 720

# Screen density
PRODUCT_AAPT_CONFIG := normal hdpi xhdpi
PRODUCT_AAPT_PREF_CONFIG := xhdpi

Back
Top Bottom