• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

7b2a17b2f70aefc5539e536fdec19a7f.jpg
023f468d1d2125a042548ddaeb5725e6.jpg
c06273986c5ecd645754658a4fd7561f.jpg
14f698300726cdd48cb8da191fb5af6f.jpg
Is that any good? I use the LG g3, but I ordered a used nexus 5 that should be here today. My wife uses the Samsung advant. It's hard to do anything to it.

I don't understand this an avant forum and y'all talking about the zmax... Things is hard in the boulevard to be getting another phone...just saying

I need some help with my avant when play videos on YouTube with cm11. If I play any video using google (movies,youtube) it would play sound for one second and then the app would crash.If like the video is forced (by like ads) The system would crash and soft reboot. Can anybody help me with this problem

Hey guys! My name is crutchcorn. @codyedmonson has recently asked me to try to bring CM or any really type of rom to the device. While I cannot make promises, I can say that I will try my best.
Not sure if this is something that has been found before but here is y'all's source code for the Avant. Great to Sammy for doing this.

(Normal T)
MetroPCS Avant (the T1)
http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=SM-G386T

Keep in mind that the codenames for these devices are as follows
T-Mobile = SM-G386T
MetroPCS = SM-G386T1

Also, just in case - the CPU source code from Qualcomm
https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/vendor/qcom/msm8226/

Also, thanks to the great @j03lpr86, we now have I github where we are currently working on bringing CM to Avant.
https://github.com/j03lpr86/android_device_samsung_afyonltetmo
https://github.com/j03lpr86/android_vendor_samsung_afyonltetmo
Keep in mind that they're both based off the Galaxy Grand 2 - with same CPU and specs as the Avant

Oh, and just as a note - it seems as if theSamsung Galaxy Core LTE is the same device.
Codenames: sm-g386w/afyonltecan
I have cm installed on the t1 the only thing that needs to be fixed is NFC

Ok I was able to get things going I am using CM11, and installed CM_afyonltemo. The phone works great, now I need the gaps. Assuming that hasn't been posted yet, if it has I apologize I've read alot of posts to get where I am and this is the first time I've posted anything....

Thank you so much, and yes that's true the camera doesn't work. I tried downloading the play store over an APK file and it force closes like the camera does. Everything else seems stable, I plan on swapping SIM cards tomorrow and taking it for a full test run. The phone seems real snappy now, I wanted to use it as my first Dev. phone to try some things on and practice some editing. Maybe I can work on the software for the camera as my first project. I really appreciate the Dev's that put this mod together it's really awesome work, thanx again.

Ok a quick update on the camera the front camera works. seems to be something buggy about the rear facing camera. I ran into this when I was messing around with the gallery (no images on the phone), it has the camera logo in the center. Press and hold it and options will scroll up in a half circle. The front facing camera is the first option on the right. Also panoramic seems to work on the rear camera, just not the normal default.

Is cm11 better than AOKP? As in gaming, battery, and stability. I know what I have to do to fix the camera but I wanted to switch from AOKP to cm11 but just wanna make sure there aren't more problems. I heard other rumors about not receiving incoming calls lol. Also, in AOKP, YouTube can only play 360p max. Is cm11 better with YouTube?

This message is for dfuse I guess, I just learned about Custom roms a little over a week ago, I've installed CM 11 on my Avant and it works awesome ,thx BTW, anyways what is a kernel...? What is the main function

I don't know if anyone has gotten NFC to work for aokp 4.4.4 but today i got mine working perfect by first installing cm11 and "ZIP ME".AND MAKING AN UPDATE.ZIP of ncf.apk,wifi and all network related stuff.I also backed up the build prop.i don't think that made a difference.Then i flashed that over AOKP.i'm not sure just yet what the problem was.but i'll post it if i do.

I don't use nfc (actually uninstall it), but kinda wondering if the same could work for the cm12 camera... Think it needs drivers, though, not just the apk... Wonder where drivers are stored... I'm gonna do some searching and testing... If I get it working, I'll upload the zip...

I don't use nfc (actually uninstall it), but kinda wondering if the same could work for the cm12 camera... Think it needs drivers, though, not just the apk... Wonder where drivers are stored... I'm gonna do some searching and testing... If I get it working, I'll upload the zip...
Well the camera driver is in system/lib/hw I am making build right now trying to fix from source

I think I fix but I end with a error for system/vold or something don't know how to fix that but I search online

The problem for camera is in frameworks is not like cm11 cm12 need patch for camera in any device cm12 don't have that so now for cm12 we have to make custom parameters for camera

@dadcup
Did you actually get NFC working? I can't even find a CM11 ROM that has it working...lol...
Which CM11 do you have?
Could you attach the zip you made to fix NFC (if it does work)?

parts of the rom still have to be fixed
Yes, there are quite a few bugs... I think the original dev for the CM12 is gone, too, so probably won't be fixed. Still a stable rom if you're a WiFi-only user like me and you don't need a camera/flashlight... AOKP is pretty much the best available, but I've reverted back to stock with the Zero kernel... It has some issues as well, so if you decide to use it, read the comments first...

Back
Top Bottom