So, in an attempt to hold out and wait till all bugs and instabilities would not affect the performance of the basic functions of the phone (email, phone, sms) I have made a deal with myself to hold out until friday of this week. What I'm asking:
What are the pros and cons of rooting a phone with a rom based on the 2.1 leak? Are there any flaws in the build where it will interfere with daily usage (calling, sms, etc.)?
I know if I hold out too long the root privileges on the 0.2 ROM may expire or the ROM may become completely useless. But I have a stable phone right now on 1.5 with minor bugs in some apps (i.e. youtube) and so far 2 crashes in a one month period. As the saying goes "If it ain't broke, dont fix it," but I have jailbroken iPods and am completely capable of rooting (hacked my old, narcoleptic powerbook G4). However, I am quite reluctant about hacking something that is pretty much vital to my everyday life.
I've set up my computer so its capable of rooting my eris, so my trigger finger is pretty much itching right now.
What are the pros and cons of rooting a phone with a rom based on the 2.1 leak? Are there any flaws in the build where it will interfere with daily usage (calling, sms, etc.)?
I know if I hold out too long the root privileges on the 0.2 ROM may expire or the ROM may become completely useless. But I have a stable phone right now on 1.5 with minor bugs in some apps (i.e. youtube) and so far 2 crashes in a one month period. As the saying goes "If it ain't broke, dont fix it," but I have jailbroken iPods and am completely capable of rooting (hacked my old, narcoleptic powerbook G4). However, I am quite reluctant about hacking something that is pretty much vital to my everyday life.
I've set up my computer so its capable of rooting my eris, so my trigger finger is pretty much itching right now.
Also the process itself and reentering the commands took me about 5 hours to do.