• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's talk about the battery

I think I posted in another thread- but I would recommend getting the Free Juice Defender and install it on your phone. I have it installed on mine and I have noticed that it has definitely increased the longevity on my battery. Usually, my phone doesn't run down to 30-40% until between 9-10PM with moderate phone usage during the day. I also have my phone setup for Night-time Battery Saver as well, which helps save the battery. The first day I had my phone, last weekend- the phone battery was down to 5% by the same time. Juice Defender does help.

Upvote 0
well its been about a week since i got my replacement extended battery, and i've not had any battery issues since i got it. The battery has actually been awesome.. i've had to actually try to force the battery to go down. So it looks like its another instance of a bad battery. I think there must have been quite a few bad batteries shipped at launch

Upvote 0
well its been about a week since i got my replacement extended battery, and i've not had any battery issues since i got it. The battery has actually been awesome.. i've had to actually try to force the battery to go down. So it looks like its another instance of a bad battery. I think there must have been quite a few bad batteries shipped at launch

Not just at launch. I just got my D3 two days ago and the battery life in it completely blows. I used to be mad when my D1 was down to 20% after 15 hours. I'm lucky to get 9.5 hours now before it is completely dead. The Motorola forums for the D3 are crawling with complaints (and rightfully so). I must say compared to the D1 the display is really nice and battery usage from it is very low. It is that dang "Cell Standby" that is sucking all the power. I'm sure that Moto is way too busy with getting the Bionic to 4 hours on battery to be "bothered" with this MAJOR D3 issue. I can't believe something like this is being sold in good faith by VZW....

Upvote 0
Not just at launch. I just got my D3 two days ago and the battery life in it completely blows. I used to be mad when my D1 was down to 20% after 15 hours. I'm lucky to get 9.5 hours now before it is completely dead. The Motorola forums for the D3 are crawling with complaints (and rightfully so). I must say compared to the D1 the display is really nice and battery usage from it is very low. It is that dang "Cell Standby" that is sucking all the power. I'm sure that Moto is way too busy with getting the Bionic to 4 hours on battery to be "bothered" with this MAJOR D3 issue. I can't believe something like this is being sold in good faith by VZW....

I've already proven that Cell standby is NOT the problem. I've had almost 50% Cell standby over a 16 hour period, losing only 20% battery in those 16 hours. The battery statistics are horribly inaccurate and do not even show apps that drain the battery most of the time. Simply toggling my background data off instead of on gave me an entire extra day of standby, yet NOTHING is shown in battery statistics as using that background data. Toggling Gmail sync off also showed a huge difference in battery life, yet it's nowhere on the list, either.

Upvote 0
The drop from 100% will probably be fast. 90% to 80% should be longer.
It fell to 70% about 50 min. later. I was mainly just mirroring HDMI to my A/V receiver now that I finally got the micro-HDMI/HDMI adapter. (BTW, the HDMI part freaking rocks! It's really well done and the picture and sound is great.) I threw it back on the charger for about 30 min. and got it back to 90%.

Upvote 0
What is the CDMA? I unchecked the global and checked CDMA assuming that it won't change anything for me in using the phone right?

Unless you are roaming outside the USA, you will never use the GSM radio (in fact, you can't because Verizon blocks it being used in the USA). CDMA-only tells the phone to never use the GSM radio. The Global option tells the phone to use whichever is stronger, CDMA or GSM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones