• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lg esteem infinte boot loop possible solution

Theres a couple other boot animation boot loop/brick posts go check those out.

Also people reeeaally need to just stop playing with the boot animations. I think literally everyone that has attempted to change the boot animation has screwed up the phone rebooting properly. People really need to pump the brakes and do MINOR things since we have no stock recovery, CWR or roms.

Totally understand where you're coming from. I have read those posts and haven't actually found help. Just people claiming one thing worked or another. My boot animation was fine before hand, never doing this.

I know there isn't a stock recovery yet, I was just hoping to catch the attention of someone who had a similar problem, because replying tho other threads and asking hasn't helped yet :/

Upvote 0
An easier, less dangerous way to not see the boot animation is to never reboot, or shut off your phone. Use Fast Reboot from the market instead.

It's a little late for that now. I rebooted in the first lace because my phone is CONSTANTLY having the statusbar crash.

I'm just asking for a little help in hopes the Android community is as nice as people say.

Upvote 0
Same problem as mrpnut. It would be awesome to able to load the first version my phone was running before the update. That's the only way I see this LG Support Tool updating my phone :'[

I am super sad, and I have a read a lot of other people with the Esteem are having the same problem, asking the same questions as I am. Any help would be so incredible.

Upvote 0
I was in a similar situation. Pardon my ignorance but I am very new to this. This was my situation and what I did.

My phone is rooted and I have ROM Manager installed and flashed CWM. I previously flashed Gingersteem Extreme (Modded, Themed, and Custom kernel) from PlayfulGod. When I did, there were certain things that did not work correctly (apps were not showing up on Play Store) so I backed it up and flashed GSE-C v1.0 from PlayfulGod and it worked GREAT. It wasn't nearly as cool, but it functioned perfectly.

A few days later I decided to change my boot animation to the R2D2 boot animation. I then rebooted my phone and was stuck in an infinite loop. I tried pulling the battery, and rebooting my phone several times. I also let it loop for about 10 min. I did notice that I could hit the power/lock button and my screen would shut off and on which was wierd...anyways

I decided to try a hard reset (turn the phone off then hold power, vol. up/vol. down until it vibrates then releasing the power button).

Once prompted, I hit the power button to reset and then again to confirm. It then launched CWM.

I scrolled down to backup and restore using the vol. down and selected it with the power button.

I scrolled down to restore and selected the first Gingersteem Extreme backup I did.

It did its thing and I then told it to continue with the reboot and poof...it was fixed.

I don't know if it was because of the custom boot animation on that particular ROM but I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who is in the same situation I was. :)

By the way. Once I restored the Gingersteem Extreme (Modded, Themed, and Custom kernel) from PlayfulGod it worked perfect. All of the bugs were gone. Props to PlayfulGod on this one. Keep them coming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones