• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G2 or S4?

Excuse me if this is the wrong place, I'm new to this forum.

Anyways, I currently have a Galaxy S3 on AT&T. It works great, and gets things done for me. However, I am very picky about performance and design. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is coming out for Android next week, and I'm looking to get a newer and better phone that'll be able to play it best.

Here's my question, in terms of gaming, should I get the LG G2 or the Samsung Galaxy S4? Also, which one would have better performance and last longer? Keep in mind that I always like to root my phone, and I prefer my ROM to be Cyanogenmod.

Thanks, and sorry if that was a bit confusing.

If you are just looking for performance in gaming go with the LG G2. Better processor. Overall both are great handset for gaming though.

The G2 also has the Adreno 330 GPU vs the GS4 which houses the 320. So you should see better performance with the G2 for what you're wanting in particular. Plus the G2 has some of the best battery life currently available which is another of your wants.

GS4 is a great phone, I have zero hate there. Just being real about the numbers as it pertains to your wish list. Root is available for the G2 and what we have for CM right now is nightlies for CM11 (kitkat).

The G2 also has the Adreno 330 GPU vs the GS4 which houses the 320. So you should see better performance with the G2 for what you're wanting in particular. Plus the G2 has some of the best battery life currently available which is another of your wants.

GS4 is a great phone, I have zero hate there. Just being real about the numbers as it pertains to your wish list. Root is available for the G2 and what we have for CM right now is nightlies for CM11 (kitkat).

Wow, I've been comparing specs, but I must have not noticed that. My decision is balancing over to the LG G2, thanks for that info!

I am on Sprint with Evo3D and I am looking at the Galaxy s4 and LG G2. I have heard folks having a hard time getting a 4G signal which really worries me. I am also unsure about LG vs Samsung with their updates. Any thoughts? I really want to be able to get 4G sooner rather than later.

Well Samsung has really stepped up with updating devices. Even mid-range phones nowadays are getting updates. LG is in sort of catch up mode in terms of software, and while they make good phones, I haven't heard of them being very good in updates. However the G2 has a modding community so you can just update it yourself.

I ended up purchasing the G2. It's a great phone, and I haven't really had any problems with it so far. Thanks for your help (people who responded)

Glad you were able to receive good information regarding the choice of your device.

Feel free to visit us again when you have any other questions :)

I ended up getting the G2 as well. I really like it. It's a great phone. I know I will be happy with this... I was really worried because I loved my rooted evo 3d. I have not had to install my usually apps because many of the stock ones are great. The only thing I will miss is wireless tethering.

Back
Top Bottom