• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It falls on the individual to read the beat when it comes out to research all the tools in our box. Lazy reps makes the rest of us look terrible. And leave people with a sour taste lingering. I am glad they at least tried.
Didn't even need the Boost SIM. The original one worked fine. And they sent the wrong one anyway. All it took was the one guy who did his homework

Upvote 0
I bought one from a friend with the UICC missing, went to a boost store and got 3G, voice and text activated no problem...then the fun began. I had to go through several UICC cards that were "incompatible" and reps before I finally found someone who knew what to do...they sent me a UICC for the Boost G2 variant that had never been programed. It took 7 days to get it but finally got it up and running.

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
I bought one from a friend with the UICC missing, went to a boost store and got 3G, voice and text activated no problem...then the fun began. I had to go through several UICC cards that were "incompatible" and reps before I finally found someone who knew what to do...they sent me a UICC for the Boost G2 variant that had never been programed. It took 7 days to get it but finally got it up and running.
The uicc are a headache

Upvote 0
So after reading a lot and checking specs and pricing, i decided to go this route(LG G2 on boost) but i am having the same issues. I have calls and texting but no data.
Is there a specific question i can ask customer service or direction i can point them in so i dont end up doing the same things on the phone with them over and over for an hour plus with no effect?

Upvote 0
The uicc are a headache
Hi there,
Saw this original post and had a follow up question. Hopping you may have an answer. Just purchased a G2 for Boost. It's activated, however, I have the message that the SIM is missing. Tech through Boost said I need a SIM card to be able to reach 4G speeds. Going to do that but noticed you all mentioned UICCcards. Is that something I might need too. My phone says Unknown for UICC

Reactions: DirtyDee
Upvote 0
Hi there,
Saw this original post and had a follow up question. Hopping you may have an answer. Just purchased a G2 for Boost. It's activated, however, I have the message that the SIM is missing. Tech through Boost said I need a SIM card to be able to reach 4G speeds. Going to do that but noticed you all mentioned UICCcards. Is that something I might need too. My phone says Unknown for UICC
they use the term uicc or sim interchagable when they really shouldn't

Reactions: MLSS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones