• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG LEON LTE (MetroPCS)

I soft bricked my LG Leon LTE (LGMS345) and it's been stuck in a boot loop. I was able to get it into download mode. I tried different methods on this site to unbrick with no success until I un-installed the LG Mobile Support Tool. Restarted windows (running 8.1) and re-installed the LG Mobile Support Tool. While in download mode the tool recognized my device and I clicked on Update Recovery, I was so sure it wouldn't work, but it did! I spent a very frustrating two days watching my new phone loop. I hope this helps someone.

Edit - After re-installing LG Mobile Support Tool I changed the COM Port from 4 to 20

Last edited:
Reactions: Nintendo1889
I am curious if you disabled any apps before it boot looped. I am worried about rooting this phone because I don't want it to brick.

I have disabled lookout security, WAP service, the original calendar, and Metro block it without any problems.
I did disable metro music and the visual voice mail apps. I used a KINGROOT apk to root when I started to install the TWRP Recovery from the MANAGER APP the device restarted and then looped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones