• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Optimus V is really messed up! HELP!

My optimus has been out of commission and i finally decided to bring it back from the dead.

However, It has a few problems.

1: PHone can't boot into recovery, nor bootloader.

2: Phone will boot normally to the lockscreen but cant unlock without freezin/restarting.

3:Wont boot into safemode without going into a bootloop. But a battery pull fixes that.

4: Phone wont show up in windows. I think that USB debugging is on, but i can't tell because the notification bar does not show up on the lockscreen.

5: If the phone is on for too long, it wont turn off but the screen looks like colorful static and is unresponsive.

6: ADB isnt recognised in a command prompt window.

Im not sure if ODIN can pick it up, but im not quite familiar with it. Ive never really had to use it.

I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the phone. The battery died while i was in the car one day, and its been like this ever since.

So, as you can see, there are a few problems. If anyone knows anything about this, or has experience this and fixed it, PLEASE, help.

Thanks in advance!:D

Seems like you have a bit of a problem indeed. I'm going to ask a Moderator to move your thread to the All Things Root sub-forum where there is more info to help possible fix this problem.

Questions:
1. Is it rooted.
2. Does it have a custom recovery installed.
3. How old is the phone.
4. Do you have an SD card in the slot and what size it it.
5. Does the SD card have the folders that the phone puts on it.

With power on try pulling SD card, then re-inserting. Do this several times 7-10, but copy all data to computer first. After each attempt try to use lockscreen control to gain access to home screen.

I'll read over you phones symptoms a few more times and see what I can come up with, aside from ^.

Odin is for Samsung phones. There are utilities that LG makes that are designed to help fix problems such as yours.

As far as ADB is concerned: Do you have the latest version of the Java jdk6 installed with the class path to the java.exe set, and the older class path deleted?
Do you have the path to the adb.exe in the platform-tools folder of the Android SDK set as well?

ADB not being a recognized command would indicate ^ isn't right.
If it said device not found then the phone or the USB drivers is the problem.

Also: Delete the LG USB drivers for the V and re-install them.

Do you have more than one battery for the V? If phone won't get into emergency mode then you need to use two batteries and two hands with a total of four buttons being pushed while plugging in USB cord into phone.

You got problems, we might have the solution, no matter how strange it may sound.

Yes, the phone is rooted and it has cyanogenmod 9 on it.

And I'm not familiar with using adb or java. I've never had to use them until now. Lol, so I have no idea how to do any of that really. But if there are instructions somewhere like YouTube or xda, or even on here, it would be great to get a link to the thread.

And I'll have to look into the drivers. I rooted the phone on my old computer so that may be where my drivers are. I'll probably have to re download.

Ok. Go to the All Things Root Guide sticky/Utilities.
Download the Java jdk6_u41 to the computer and Install.

Go to the same sticky/Direct Downloads/ click on the drivers.
Install without phone plugged in to computer. Reboot after install so the other 2 drivers will install (there are 5 in all). After reboot plug phone into computer to finish install.

Delete any instance of the android SDK off the C:/ drive.

Go to the same sticky/Utilities/ADB/alternative method.
Download and install the SDK from there. Stop just before the plugging phone into computer part. Then click on link at the bottom to set the path to the adb.exe manually.

It will show you how to set the path manually. This is also where the class path can be edited. Same small scrolling window but instead of path you want to edit the class path. Write down the old class path exactly as it appears. Delete then add the new class path to the java.exe. Should be "C:/Program Files/Java/jdk6_ ???/bin"
Make sure you include the " front and end.
Don't forget to put a ; before the path to the adb.exe.
Should be:
;C:/SDK/platform-tools

When done with setting path and class path, turn phone on and plug into computer and open up a command prompt. Type in:
adb devices.
You should now see your device #.
When done let me know.

Back
Top Bottom