• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG tablet refuses to update

MASV

Lurker
Hello, I was given LG G Pad F 8.0 as a gift to me. LG stopped giving it updates on Aug. 31, 2018, with version V49520m, and it is discontinued, that is OK. I would like to get to the final version, and I see no reason why I can't do that. I am currently on version April 26, 2016 V49520g. When I go to Settings > About Tablet > Software Update, it says it is on the latest version, but that is incorrect, it is on version V49520g, when V49520m is the latest version. I have been on over 100 mobile devices, and I have never seen a device block itself from updating like this. I have already factory reset it twice, there are no custom settings, personal files, extra apps, or SIM card in the device. How can I proceed? Thank you everyone.

This is why I prefer Samsung. There is a site that Samsung supports cackled sammobile that has a majority of the firmwares for most of the Samsung devices. Lg really does not have this. Not to mention that they are out of the mobile business.....so no phones or tablets.

Why do you need the latest update?

Hello, I was given LG G Pad F 8.0 as a gift to me. LG stopped giving it updates on Aug. 31, 2018, with version V49520m, and it is discontinued, that is OK. I would like to get to the final version, and I see no reason why I can't do that. I am currently on version April 26, 2016 V49520g. When I go to Settings > About Tablet > Software Update, it says it is on the latest version, but that is incorrect, it is on version V49520g, when V49520m is the latest version. I have been on over 100 mobile devices, and I have never seen a device block itself from updating like this. I have already factory reset it twice, there are no custom settings, personal files, extra apps, or SIM card in the device. How can I proceed? Thank you everyone.

AT&T doesn't allow their Android devices to OTA update over wifi unless an active AT&T SIM is inserted. Don't ask me why - I have no idea.

If any friends or family members have AT&T, you can pop in one of their SIMs to pull the update

Back
Top Bottom