• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lightning Launcher Extreme!

thangfish

Android Expert
Some of you may have tried Lightning Launcher. It's definitely not your mother's launcher (learning curve) but for you tweakers and customizers that can't be happy until it's just how YOU want it, it can't be beat.

I started using it awhile back because of its extremely small size and speed. The dev has been adding features lately and it is now THE most customizable launcher on the market. Period.

I'll include some screen shots... my stuff is pretty simple, but you should see some of the screens on the Lightning Launcher G+ support channel. Amazing. Sorry if I sound like a fan boy, but Damn.

Just lock screen and home screen.... same as I've been using for a long time: Invisible lock ring that glows when touched.
The clock widget is transparent and colored to look like part of the wallpaper.
It is pinned in place, so it doesn't move when scrolling, further adding to the illusion.
llx-lock-and-home.png

This is screen shots showing the slide out side panels I made using LL Extreme. From left, right and bottom.
llx-home-panels.png

Video link to demonstrate what's going on here.
A bunch of invisible folders, placed over elements of the wallpaper, that open in different configurations. Side panels that pull out from the sides and bottom of screen. Widgets in folders... folders in folders... App drawer is just configured into folders to fit on one screen. Just barely scraping the surface as to what's possible.

Post if the video doesn't work, and I'll try to fix it.

The new version of LLex (currently in beta) supports 9-patch for folders and other elements, making it even more customizable.
I was experimenting with it and made this one for my wife's Triumph... one screen and one button. As simple as I could make it.

llx-absinth-1.png

Some additional shots, showing how folders/menus are laid out.

llx-absinth-2-4.png

Short video of the action:

Another great example of what you can do with Lightning Launcher (and the help of scripting):

Possibilities are endless and customizable!

Back
Top Bottom