• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Like ICS look and feel? Check out this launcher....

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Found this launcher by accident on BookFace.... It works nicely, but has a few little weird things that the dev needs to work out, otherwise working fine.

http://www.phoenix-android.com/phoenix-launcher.apk

You guys may like it for the "feel" of ICS until the awesome devs get this port rolling.

The only credit that goes to me is finding it, otherwise thats it. Hope you like it.

**edit** this is NOT that piece of crap launcher from XDA... I really don't think that they have anything worth telling you guys about.

Here you go.

3258500b-b155-3013.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327542526268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327542526268.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 118
  • uploadfromtaptalk1327542545850.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327542545850.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
You haven't missed anything.
This must be an alpha release or something.
Barely functions, and is basically unusable.
Hit the Settings menu soft key, and you get TWO
options (?!)
One is select wallpaper, the other is the launcher settings, which has ONE option... To show or hide text labels.
You can't even access Android or CM7 settings...
WTF?

The ICS Launcher over at XDA even beats the crap out of this.

Nothing to see here.

Reactions: MIKE153
Upvote 0
Ok guys, relax. I just posted it because it looked cool, and partially worked. Understand that the dev stated that it is still a WIP. I can't fault him for that. As soon as a new release is up I'll let you all know. There are still quite a few bugs to work out, and the dev built this using some ICS stuff (libs I think) to make it work. From what I've read about it he had the initial release on an act of pure boredom (and in 1 night).

Reactions: bradhoschar
Upvote 0
Ok guys, relax. I just posted it because it looked cool, and partially worked. Understand that the dev stated that it is still a WIP. I can't fault him for that. As soon as a new release is up I'll let you all know. There are still quite a few bugs to work out, and the dev built this using some ICS stuff (libs I think) to make it work. From what I've read about it he had the initial release on an act of pure boredom (and in 1 night).

Well, it seems to be an impressive start on a launcher, to get that far in one might... But it definitely wasn't ready for release. I would never fault a dev for bugs (didn't even see any), but really it probably shouldn't even have been released in such a preliminary state of development... It is barely even a launcher at this point. No offense to you or the dev, but damn...
Even the "piece of crap" ICS launcher at XDA (the rebuild) is better... It has bugs, but actually functions as a launcher.
It's just that your thread title made it out to be something besides a *start* at building a launcher.

Regardless, thank you for the heads up. It will be interesting to see if he finishes it, and how it comes out.

In the mean time, the XDA one (ICS launcher rebuild) works, and there is a good ICS theme for our CM7 launcher for free on the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones