• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4 (FRG22 Custom ROM Built From Source!!!) *Updated Patch - OTA Update Fix*

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The scripts described (see below) in slayher's thread will work for this ROM also (I confirmed this with slayher).

su
/system/bin/compcache start (will start compcache up)

su
/system/bin/compcache stop (will stop compcache)

su
/system/bin/compcache stats (will let you tell if it is running).

OK...never heard of compcache...but I did a little checking into what it's used for. I'm using LFY 1.4 with slayher's 1.2 kernel....I ran the compcache stats as above...and got "not found".
What am i missing here?

Upvote 0
If I missed a detailed description like this that you previously posted I apologize but looking at your response here, you DID need to RSDLite (as you could not access your recovery and did not have a working ROM).

Hmmm...I think you may be right on the one click root methods but I've never actually used them so I can't confirm or deny that. Sounds like you didn't have "full" root privileges. The installation of 1.4 should have replaced your boot animation but I am honestly baffled as to how it would let you put 1.4 on your phone but not allow all files to be copied over.

Once you rooted, how did you install this ROM? Did you use ROM manager or did you do it from Clockwork Recovery?

If you're up for trying it again, here is what I would do. I would Root using the methods listed here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/141116-guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html

Follow this guide cause OMJ has actually gone through and verified all of this information to be accurate (BIG Thanks to OMJ for revamping this guide!).

Something is going wrong for you and I wish I could tell you what is happening...but I just can't. If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution...please post it ;)

Don't give up...it sounds like you have a good understanding of what is going on...just gotta figure out what is giving you issues.

Droid - 0
JezterVA - 1

Finally got this to work and I'm stoked. I probably didn't do what would have been recommended, but I just couldn't get back to a solid running configuration. I went all the way back to stock and waited for the 2.2 OTA update to finish then I rooted following OMJ's directions. After that I installed LFY 1.4 followed by the 1.41 update and then again followed by the Tangerine theme. I backed up in between each step so I knew I would only have to revert by one step if something failed again. I now have a fully functioning rooted Droid with all my updates and my theme and it's all backed up.

Now to give a new kernel a try. Maybe I'll wait til tomorrow for that. Everyone seems to be having good luck with the Slayher kernels for this ROM.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to UBRocked and Girluvzdroid for the help and encouragement and from talking me out of just staying stock. You guys ROCK!!!!

Cheers!!
Steve

Upvote 0
how do we fix the goggles fc with the slayher kernal? nevermind got it Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 2

The fix is to type the following into terminal:

su
insmod /system/lib/modules/ipv6.ko

That command works every time. I have saved the script in GScript Lite, so all I have to do is touch the name of the script in GScript and it runs and, because the issue with the ipv6.ko module seems only to affect Goggles, if I forget to run it after a reboot, I can simply do so before I use Goggles.

I believe this issue will be fixed, at least for slayher kernels, by the release of LFY 1.5.

Reactions: droid_freak
Upvote 0
Compcache has 2 parts, the kernel support, and the scripts and binaries in the ROM. As of LFY Version 1.41 there was no compcache support. BUT now the cat is out of the bag, and 1.5 will include compcache. :D
nice...i'll be keeping my eyes open for 1.5....just like i do all liquid's roms...lol.
On another note, what was changed in 1.41? was it just a keyboard issue??

Upvote 0
The scripts described (see below) in slayher's thread will work for this ROM also (I confirmed this with slayher).

su
/system/bin/compcache start (will start compcache up)

su
/system/bin/compcache stop (will stop compcache)

su
/system/bin/compcache stats (will let you tell if it is running).

I'm sorry for misleading you, folks. When slayher confirmed that it would work, he meant for me because I'm running the 1.5 test ROM, and I obviously misunderstood what he meant.

Upvote 0
Still no one anwserd my question. yesterday i installed the Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.4 rom and it went perfect . But i aslo downloaded the smoke theme and when i went to install it it installed fine but when it rebooted i keep getting process erros and nothing on my phone would work i had to force it to 2.1 from another guide so i was wondering what i did wrong? i installed it the same way i installed the rom. using rom manager

Dide you Wipe when you installed the Theme?

Upvote 0
Just wipe Everything, Here is the way to do it. Courtesy of UB,

NOTE: If you haven't already done a backup...do one now. I always perform my backups via ROM Manager so I can properly label my backups. If you need to do a backup at this point it will work exactly the same way but it names your backup with time and date information (you can rename the file later )

Here's how to create a backup in Clockwork Recovery
Code:
From the main recovery screen, go to:

Nandroid and then select "Backup"
2) Select "wipe data/factory reset" - This will actually format your Data, Cache, and SD-ext partitions

3) Go into the "partitions menu"

4) Format "Boot"

5) Format "System"

6) Go back to the main screen (power button backs you out to the previous menu)

7) Install zip from sdcard

After you load the ROM, sign in, and let it Sync. I always let the phone sit for at least 30 minutes before flashing a theme. Flash your theme, don't Wipe or Clear. Reboot and enjoy.

Upvote 0
kinda retarted question here, but, i want to use one of the slayher kernals and im one of the many stuck in the boot loop if wifi is on. What does it mean to flash the newest nightly? Does that have any affect on the rom or theme? Dont want to stray away from liquids quite yet...

I used the slayher 1.2 for a few mins before turning on the wifi and that thing was SUPER fast, boot time, loading of all icons/widgets and maybe more (didnt get too far). Just want to get past the pesky boot looping on slayhers kernals, thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones