• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4 (FRG22 Custom ROM Built From Source!!!) *Updated Patch - OTA Update Fix*

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no one anwserd my question. yesterday i installed the Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.4 rom and it went perfect . But i aslo downloaded the smoke theme and when i went to install it it installed fine but when it rebooted i keep getting process erros and nothing on my phone would work i had to force it to 2.1 from another guide so i was wondering what i did wrong? i installed it the same way i installed the rom. using rom manager

First of all, as I mentioned earlier..."forcing the phone to 2.1" via RSDLite is rarely actually needed. It is being overused and if that process screws up...it could REALLY mess up your phone (just a word of caution ;))

I'm not sure what you problem is cause I'm not sure what you tried and what you didn't try. I would have booted into recovery and cleared cache after you installed the theme and were getting errors. Did you wipe data/cache as well as your boot and system partitions before loading the ROM in the first place? I've posted detailed installation instructions in this thread that you should check out if you haven't already.

Upvote 0
The Watermark'd theme link seems to be down.

Yeah, that was explained at Droidforums.net but I don't know that Liquid ever posted it here. Liquid was updating the Watermark'D theme prior to his releases IF stewart1champ had not ported the latest changes to the LFY version of his theme. As it stands now, the latest version available from stewart1champ is going to be the latest version available. Liquid just can't keep up with it and wants to spend more time developing the ROM and his themes. You can find the latest Watermark'D theme here

Consider another one because THIS is the best ROM
ever!

Smooth, fast, fluid, stable and is just plain superior!

I would like to add that coupled with Slayher's kernels
(I'm using his 1.2) makes this the coolest, fastest and glitch
free combination I've ever used!

Yeah...1.4 is pretty good...but 1.5 is even better ;) Liquid has had us testing things for the 1.5 version just a day or two after releasing this! He's working non-stop on this ROM!

We have discussed this and the feeling is that versions 1.0 through 1.4 have basically been "beta" releases. It's only gonna get better, run faster, and include more features!

Coming soon! :D

Upvote 0
First of all, as I mentioned earlier..."forcing the phone to 2.1" via RSDLite is rarely actually needed. It is being overused and if that process screws up...it could REALLY mess up your phone (just a word of caution ;))

I'm not sure what you problem is cause I'm not sure what you tried and what you didn't try. I would have booted into recovery and cleared cache after you installed the theme and were getting errors. Did you wipe data/cache as well as your boot and system partitions before loading the ROM in the first place? I've posted detailed installation instructions in this thread that you should check out if you haven't already.

Well no i did not boot to recovery because i didn't know i should cleared catch yes i did . But the thing is i couldn't Clear my catch or anything after i did that i mean the phone wouldn't even function right. Examples there was no signal or anything 98% of my icons wouldn't work , Home process keep crashing in the notification bar when you slid it down there was a bunch of download arrows through the whole thing Rom manager wasn't even working right , I had to reboot the phone several times to just get it to work and then it wouldn't because i need to flash recovery. Now after that i i used a guide and went back to 2.1 to just get my phone back to normal then i installed bug-less beast which works pretty good . Now i wouldn't mind trying Liquid rom again but im kinda unsure on how to do the theme after i install liquid 1.4 because it was after that when my phone went all to hec so yea .

Upvote 0
Yeah...1.4 is pretty good...but 1.5 is even better ;) Liquid has had us testing things for the 1.5 version just a day or two after releasing this! He's working non-stop on this ROM!

We have discussed this and the feeling is that versions 1.0 through 1.4 have basically been "beta" releases. It's only gonna get better, run faster, and include more features!

Coming soon! :D

Why you gotta tease us like that?

I've been running 1.4 for about five days now and it's phenomenal. But now you have me anxiously awaitng 1.5.

Upvote 0
Let me first say that flashing an .sbf file via RSDLite is a LAST RESORT. I don't think either one of you were to that point. If you have the ability to boot into SPRecovery or Clockwork recovery...RSDLite IS NOT NEEDED. (RSDLite is only needed when you do not have a working ROM on your phone AND you do not have a working recovery...I have never needed to use it and I have flashed hundreds of ROMs).

Now, as to your problems...I see both of you are using ROM manager. When you select the theme to download are you selecting "Wipe Data and Cache"?

You SHOULD NOT wipe data and cache when loading the 1.4.1 patch or any of the themes. These files are NOT complete ROMs.

I may have jumped to RSDlite a little prematurely, but I couldn't get my phone to do anything at all. Pulling and reinserting the battery was my only way to actually restart it normally. Holding the X key while restarting did nothing, and neither did holding up on the dpad. If I was still premature on using RSDlite, I guess my month of reading here in the forums wasn't sufficient and I need to read some more.

The first time I attempted this I used easyroot and flashed the LFY 1.4 file from page 1 of this post. When I tried installing the theme, I did not wipe data so that wasn't my issue. In another thread, someone mentioned that LFY replaces the flashing red eye at boot up with some other animation. Is this true?

I've done the same process I mentioned in the previous para. again, only I used Universal Androot this time. I've installed ROM Manager and reapplied LFY 1.4 from page 1 of this thread again, and I still have the flashing red eye at boot up. Is there another something that I may need to install prior to installing LFY1.4?

I totally appreciate everyone's help with this. It's very daunting to try to read multiple threads on the same topic and put the bits and pieces together. Every response by the pro's makes me that much smarter.

On another note: Maybe the one-click methods of rooting are the culprit here. Everyone who has reported this problem has used either Easy Root or Universal Androot. Are there any thoughts as to why this may be?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I may have jumped to RSDlite a little prematurely, but I couldn't get my phone to do anything at all. Pulling and reinserting the battery was my only way to actually restart it normally. Holding the X key while restarting did nothing, and neither did holding up on the dpad. If I was still premature on using RSDlite, I guess my month of reading here in the forums wasn't sufficient and I need to read some more.

The first time I attempted this I used easyroot and flashed the LFY 1.4 file from page 1 of this post. When I tried installing the theme, I did not wipe data so that wasn't my issue. In another thread, someone mentioned that LFY replaces the flashing red eye at boot up with some other animation. Is this true?

I've done the same process I mentioned in the previous para. again, only I used Universal Androot this time. I've installed ROM Manager and reapplied LFY 1.4 from page 1 of this thread again, and I still have the flashing red eye at boot up. Is there another something that I may need to install prior to installing LFY1.4?

I totally appreciate everyone's help with this. It's very daunting to try to read multiple threads on the same topic and put the bits and pieces together. Every response by the pro's makes me that much smarter.

On another note: Maybe the one-click methods of rooting are the culprit here. Everyone who has reported this problem has used either Easy Root or Universal Androot. Are there any thoughts as to why this may be?

Cheers!

If I missed a detailed description like this that you previously posted I apologize but looking at your response here, you DID need to RSDLite (as you could not access your recovery and did not have a working ROM).

Hmmm...I think you may be right on the one click root methods but I've never actually used them so I can't confirm or deny that. Sounds like you didn't have "full" root privileges. The installation of 1.4 should have replaced your boot animation but I am honestly baffled as to how it would let you put 1.4 on your phone but not allow all files to be copied over.

Once you rooted, how did you install this ROM? Did you use ROM manager or did you do it from Clockwork Recovery?

If you're up for trying it again, here is what I would do. I would Root using the methods listed here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/141116-guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html

Follow this guide cause OMJ has actually gone through and verified all of this information to be accurate (BIG Thanks to OMJ for revamping this guide!).

Something is going wrong for you and I wish I could tell you what is happening...but I just can't. If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution...please post it ;)

Don't give up...it sounds like you have a good understanding of what is going on...just gotta figure out what is giving you issues.

Upvote 0
Well no i did not boot to recovery because i didn't know i should cleared catch yes i did . But the thing is i couldn't Clear my catch or anything after i did that i mean the phone wouldn't even function right. Examples there was no signal or anything 98% of my icons wouldn't work , Home process keep crashing in the notification bar when you slid it down there was a bunch of download arrows through the whole thing Rom manager wasn't even working right , I had to reboot the phone several times to just get it to work and then it wouldn't because i need to flash recovery. Now after that i i used a guide and went back to 2.1 to just get my phone back to normal then i installed bug-less beast which works pretty good . Now i wouldn't mind trying Liquid rom again but im kinda unsure on how to do the theme after i install liquid 1.4 because it was after that when my phone went all to hec so yea .

Sound like a similar problem to the post above. The ROM is good...I have flashed every theme and it works...without issue...for many, many people.

I'm not sure what the exact problem is but I would start with the Rooting Guide listed here to ENSURE you are completely rooting your phone.

Upvote 0

It sounds to me like you did exactly what I did...
Which file from p.1 did you grab?
Was it the 1.41 file, first one on the page?
If so, that is just a fix for the KB issues, not the full ROM.
I did exactly the same thing and after I flashed the original red droid startup was still there.
After I grabbed the correct file, down a little bit on p.1 under
***Downloads Hosted by LTE***
LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT
(Install First & Optional THEME! ROM ONLY)
and flashed that I got the new blue droid startup animation and all the other goodies Liquid has provided...

Upvote 0
Why you gotta tease us like that?

I've been running 1.4 for about five days now and it's phenomenal. But now you have me anxiously awaitng 1.5.

I know...it sucks right! :D Sorry, just putting it out there so everyone's aware that the minor issues with this ROM are being resolved (stock keyboard is back BTW...so hopefully no patches for "alt lock" hardware problems that the D2 keyboard gave us :D).

I would give you more info but Liquid wouldn't appreciate it much I'm sure!

Upvote 0
Yes, I'll give it another shot when I get home tonight.

I did install everything from Clockworkrecovery. Just tried again and re-installed LFY 1.4, followed immediately by LFY 1.41, followed immediately by TFY 1.4 (this is the tangerine theme). I did get the new blue animation this time, however my phone is now in cycling constantly from the blue animation to the drawing of the word "droid" and back and forth. Been doin this for 10 minutes. I have a back-up but it's on my home computer and I'm at work. Good news is that I can get into recovery this time.

This has turned into a challenge of man vs. phone at this point. I WILL conquer this thing. Gonna try rooting using OMJ's procedures when I get home tonight and starting again. Thanks everyone. :)

Upvote 0
If I missed a detailed description like this that you previously posted I apologize but looking at your response here, you DID need to RSDLite (as you could not access your recovery and did not have a working ROM).

Hmmm...I think you may be right on the one click root methods but I've never actually used them so I can't confirm or deny that. Sounds like you didn't have "full" root privileges. The installation of 1.4 should have replaced your boot animation but I am honestly baffled as to how it would let you put 1.4 on your phone but not allow all files to be copied over.

Once you rooted, how did you install this ROM? Did you use ROM manager or did you do it from Clockwork Recovery?

If you're up for trying it again, here is what I would do. I would Root using the methods listed here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/141116-guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html

Follow this guide cause OMJ has actually gone through and verified all of this information to be accurate (BIG Thanks to OMJ for revamping this guide!).

Something is going wrong for you and I wish I could tell you what is happening...but I just can't. If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution...please post it ;)

Don't give up...it sounds like you have a good understanding of what is going on...just gotta figure out what is giving you issues.

Can someone explain the difference between Rom Manager and Clockwork Recovery?
I flashed LFY using Rom Manager, install from sd card. I was under the impression that Clockwork Recovery was just a part of Rom Manager.

And for what its worth, I used Easy Root to root my phone, and it worked great. Sucks thats its causing some people problems though.

Upvote 0
I flashed LFY using Rom Manager, install from sd card. I was under the impression that Clockwork Recovery was just a part of Rom Manager.

ROM Manager is an app and UI from which you can access numerous functions, including booting into ClockworkMod recovery to perform backups, install zips, wipe partitions, etc. ROM Manager has many other uses, completely outside of ClockworkMod. You can download ROMs, themes and kernels, fix permissions, partition your SD card (which isn't necessary in Froyo), etc. Just so you know, you can have ROM Manager and use SPRecovery instead of ClockworkMod recovery, if that is your preference.

Upvote 0

And for what its worth, I used Easy Root to root my phone, and it worked great. Sucks thats its causing some people problems though.

Yeah, that post confused me as well...

ROM manager is the gateway to
-flashing ROMs
-flashing backups/restores
-flashing SPREcovery and Clockwork Recovery

Since you are using ROM manager you have 2 choices basically
to flash a ROM.

1.) I always drop my .zip file I want to flash onto the Root of the SD card.
2.) Once there I open up ROM Manager and choose >Install from SD card

BUT before you do this you should make certain you know which recovery
method has been flashed first!

At the very top it will tell you which recovery you are in.
Clockwork does not require the .zip file to be renamed update.zip
like Sprecovery does.

So, I always choose Clockwork (never SPREcovery) for added measure
because this recovery has been tested by the testers, and developer of
the ROM/THEME to "work."

It may have been possible you were using SPREcovery in which case
an error could have arisen.

Edit: Something to add...Someone made a post stating that they
could not flash ROMs with ROM manager...

Quoted For Truth by USCCHem:
This is a typical issue with froyo ROMs. Go into ROM Manager, flash SPRecovery (near the bottom), then flash clockworkmod recovery.

I know it sounds weird, but it'll fix it.

Original thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ms-rom-manager-cant-reboot-into-recovery.html

Reactions: Sparky977
Upvote 0
Yeah, that post confused me as well...

ROM manager is the gateway to
-flashing ROMs
-flashing backups/restores
-flashing SPREcovery and Clockwork Recovery

Since you are using ROM manager you have 2 choices basically
to flash a ROM.

1.) I always drop my .zip file I want to flash onto the Root of the SD card.
2.) Once there I open up ROM Manager and choose >Install from SD card

BUT before you do this you should make certain you know which recovery
method has been flashed first!

At the very top it will tell you which recovery you are in.
Clockwork does not require the .zip file to be renamed update.zip
like Sprecovery does.

So, I always choose Clockwork (never SPREcovery) for added measure
because this recovery has been tested by the testers, and developer of
the ROM/THEME to "work."

It may have been possible you were using SPREcovery in which case
an error could have arisen.

Edit: Something to add...Someone made a post stating that they
could not flash ROMs with ROM manager...

Quoted For Truth by USCCHem:
This is a typical issue with froyo ROMs. Go into ROM Manager, flash SPRecovery (near the bottom), then flash clockworkmod recovery.

I know it sounds weird, but it'll fix it.

Original thread here:
Can't flash roms with rom manager and cant reboot into recovery. - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Thanks. It was someone else having the errors installing Roms, I was just confused on the difference of Rom Manager and Clockwork Recovery. You and GirLuvsDroid cleared it up though!

I do know that, just as Emverham said in his beginners guide to rooting, I had to flash Clockwork Recovery a couple times before it worked for some reason. Wonder if thats the same issue others are having, that Clockwork didn't work the first time, but they went ahead and tried to flash the Rom anyway?

Upvote 0
Consider another one because THIS is the best ROM
ever!

Smooth, fast, fluid, stable and is just plain superior!

I would like to add that coupled with Slayher's kernels
(I'm using his 1.2) makes this the coolest, fastest and glitch
free combination I've ever used!

Am I the only one who is having problems running LFY 1.4 w/ ANY Slayher kernel? anytime I try to turn on Wifi or watch a Youtube video in HD (even a 3G only connection video) will make my phone go into reboot mode and go into a continuous boot loop. I even tried his updated kernels with the same results. His kernel does seem like the fastest/smoothest until I run the wifi. PLEASE HELP! I WANT TO BE SLAYed TOO!

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who is having problems running LFY 1.4 w/ ANY Slayher kernel? anytime I try to turn on Wifi or watch a Youtube video in HD (even a 3G only connection video) will make my phone go into reboot mode and go into a continuous boot loop. I even tried his updated kernels with the same results. His kernel does seem like the fastest/smoothest until I run the wifi. PLEASE HELP! I WANT TO BE SLAYed TOO!

Did you post this/ask this in the section where he posted the kernels?
Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

I was doing some reading and it could it be possible you had
wifi running prior to flashing? Slayher said there were issues with the RC and wifi.

Check out his new nightly builds...

Upvote 0
quick question.. im running liquid 1.41 with slayher's 1.6 "stock" kernel and was curious how i would enable compcache with this rom? i have tried searching and all i can find is for cyanogen. thanks

The scripts described (see below) in slayher's thread will work for this ROM also (I confirmed this with slayher).

su
/system/bin/compcache start
(will start compcache up)

su
/system/bin/compcache stop (will stop compcache)

su
/system/bin/compcache stats (will let you tell if it is running).

Upvote 0
The scripts described (see below) in slayher's thread will work for this ROM also (I confirmed this with slayher).

su
/system/bin/compcache start
(will start compcache up)

su
/system/bin/compcache stop (will stop compcache)

su
/system/bin/compcache stats (will let you tell if it is running).

i tried those and got a permission denied error. do i have to change permissions of compcache? i do have root explorer if that helps.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones