• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root load boot animations without being in recovery(must be rooted)

yojoe600

Android Expert
I was messing around with root explorer and noticed that i was able to delete my boot animation with it when i was mounted as R/W so i thought i would try to copy one and it also works... so no need to push with adb shell.. here are the steps

1. take the boot animation make sure it is named bootanimation.zip and copy it to your SD card
2. then open root explore and mount R/W and then navigate to the file and press on file till the menu comes up and select copy
3. then navigate to data/local and paste the file in the local directory
and you are done, this can be done with the android_audio.mp3 file as well just paste it to the same place.

just thought this would make it easier for people instead of using adb shell

root explorer:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.speedsoftware.explorer

Nice, Ive been having trouble getting it to work with adb shell for some reason but this worked perfectly.

yea same here i have made a few by combining some but i suck at photo editing so i cant make them transition well

I was messing around with root explorer and noticed that i was able to delete my boot animation with it when i was mounted as R/W so i thought i would try to copy one and it also works... so no need to push with adb shell.. here are the steps

1. take the boot animation make sure it is named bootanimation.zip and copy it to your SD card
2. then open root explore and mount R/W and then navigate to the file and press on file till the menu comes up and select copy
3. then navigate to data/local and paste the file in the local directory
and you are done, this can be done with the android_audio.mp3 file as well just paste it to the same place.

just thought this would make it easier for people instead of using adb shell

Read the first post Flanny.

your bootanimations must be set up to use sound... check the text file and mack sure it has android in there somewhere

Mine says mounted as R/O

How to I change it to R/W?

It gives me an option to go and buy root explorer.

I am rooted.

Back
Top Bottom